Filson Double Tin Pants

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
Has anyone first hand experience with these trousers, I was looking for a pair for shooting as some of the brush I go through ends up pretty wild, there is no doubt these are sturdy enough. But do they shrink? I would imagine the leg length will get shorter as they take on natural wrinkles etc, but will they shrink width wise, is it best to go for 34" waist as per my usual!

http://www.filson.com/products/oil-...lsProduct=mens/pants-shorts&fmetaProduct=1011

bullterrier

Forager
Feb 4, 2011
NZ
I have some NON oil finish Tin Cloth shorts - the Tin Cloth is bomb proof! Initially a bit like cardboard, but softens up. The oil finish would probably seem softer and quieter. REALLY good tough pants.
I would be tempted to order a size larger - initially you might want to wear long johns because of the oil finish but mainly because they will last so long your waist size will have expanded with age!
They have a traditional "rise" ie crotch to waist, so work well with braces.
I haven't had any problems with shinkage, but do reckon erring on the side of a size as a long term thing.

Last edited:

Pholland

Apr 26, 2012
Bognor Regis
Hi, I have a pair of filson wax trousers. Got to say they are excellent for shooting and rambling in. They do say you should go for a size larger and get braces to hold them up. A belt can make the poppers dig into your sides after a while of moving around. Leg length can always be hemmed in later.
Very wise choice.

IRF7

Dec 17, 2011
Hobart
I bought the double chaps, they give me the protection where it is needed. I reckon the pants/trousers would be too hot. Yes they ship to the UK, be prepared to pay duty.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE