Good clothing for sale/trade.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I have reluctantly had to admit that I'm very unlikely to lose enough weight to ever fit into some of my favourite stuff again, so I'm offering it all up here for sale or trade.

First up is a Cooper's A2 goatskin flying jacket in a size 40R; in a previous life I worked as a pilot and this jacket has seen many things in many places. The leather and zips etc. are all as good as the day I got it, these jackets are known to take years to properly wear in and this one is just there now.......Except the lining, which is badly frayed behind the bottom of the zip on both sides. I had a quote some time ago for £40 to re-line the whole thing, so not the end of the world.

View attachment 41329

View attachment 41330

I'd like £40 plus postage for this please, an iconic jacket with years left in it.

Next up, a Barbour pile liner which pop-studs in to a size 42 Barbour jacket, good clean condition.

View attachment 41331

I'd like £12 plus postage, please.

Next is my SASS Ventile smock, as good as the day it was made, perhaps better as I dyed it to mellow down the camo and it's now very acceptable, as you'll see in the pics. This fits me over a light base layer, I'm 5'10" and slightly over 45" chest, but I need something to go over thick woolen layers so very sadly this has to go. I've done a pic with a DPM smock to show how much it's now toned down; you hardly notice the camo any more.

View attachment 41332

View attachment 41333

I'll sell this for the bargain price of £80 plus postage for a quick sale!

Next we have a Swannie bush shirt, the one that opens all the way down with poppers, sized large by them.

View attachment 41334

I'd like £30 plus postage please.

Another Swanny, this one's an overhead smock type, made in NZ and sized XL, but is actually about the same size as the large one above.

View attachment 41335 Also £30 plus postage please.

Next up, three pairs of RM Williams trousers, they are all 34" waist and 33" or longer leg; the darker of the three are excellent quality moleskin and the other two are heavy quality cotton jeans......The pants the Aussie cowboys and ranchrs wear, these are almost indestructable. They have very little wear and will be laundered befor posting as they have some slight marks from storage.

View attachment 41336

View attachment 41337

I'd like £15 plus postage for each pair please

Last but not least, I have a very expensive and good quality pair of sheepskin boots, which were gifted to me as slippers; they have a plastic sole to them and I'd always thought to use them as tent shoes but they're just way too warm, I suffer from very hot-running feet so these are unworn and as new.
Picture to follow on these, I'd like £30 plus postage please.

As trades I'd be looking for size 36" trousers, and good lightweight windsmock/windshirt to fit 44"-46" chest or a Ventile jacket, smock or poncho with adjustments possible either way.
Thanks for looking in and please express any interest in the thread and then by pm. :)

Last edited:

Nomad64

Nov 21, 2015
UK
Links to pix don't seem to be working for me but might be interested in a few things.

Cheers,

Jerry

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Well now, I'm really sorry about this folks, but when I first posted I could see the pics right there in the post, now they show up as links and the links work for me but obviously not for others. I've just spent well over an hour putting all that together and don't have the time to do it all again...... I don't know what to do now at all. The picture uploading from computer just sucks, it drives me spare but it seemed to be working recently.

Philster, another member has claimed first dibs on the Swannies, or one of them, subject to pictures. I'll see what I can do to get some up, folks.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
This'll have to go into abeyance for the time being folks, I've contacted admin. to see what's going on; sorry for the messing about :(

dean4442

Nov 11, 2004
Wokingham UK
I have a ventile jacket that I'd trade for the swanndri. It's a country innovation jacket

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Macaroon, sorry for the thread jack but if you aren't interested in this swap then I have a swanni I might be up for swapping with drliamski.
Colin

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I'm going to withdraw these things until I can sort this image uploading business, one of the mods is looking into it. I have a lot on my plate at the moment and can't deal with the confusion and time involved in sending
pics via email, I can see it getting to the point where I send loads out and get little back; nothing wrong with that, I just can't deal with it at the moment, sorry.

I will carry on with arrangements I've already made with folk when I get some time later today. Sorry and thanks for reading :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE