fifteen or less challenge second year!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Damn it :)

Ok so my cup will only be used as part of my brew kit so it is no longer an item in its own right. This Allows my hip flask entry to the list :)

Nice try :rofl: ~ there's a proviso you missed :rofl: The brew kit's an item ~ it can only be considered a freebie for those not taking nicotine, so the cup's an additional item on top of the brew kit ;) .

... A cup can be cooked in so it's an item ~ it could be argued, if it's sole use is with a caffine brew kit freebie, that it's needed as part of the kit in order to have a brew.

Eating implements will be fabricated on site (hmmm, i might go hungry with my DIY skills)

:lmao:

I think water will be available on site and it will be plentiful :canoe: :welcome:

:rofl:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
So if i take a brew kit freebie i can count my ecig as an item? in fairness im properly addicted to both :lmao:

The option for the freebie brew is a swap out in place of a freebie nicotine :p ~ so if your list of 15 includes the ecig, you don't get the caffeine freebie. Like I said, a difficult choice ;) .

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Jesus it does make you think doesnt it. Here is another attempt. Hopefully this can be signed off now :D (but i doubt it) :D

1. Tarp
2. Tent
3. Sleeping bag
4. Sleeping Mat
5. Food and water in containers
6. Hip Flask
7. Hygiene kit
8. Knife
9. Saw
10. lighter
11. ecig
12. Chair
13. Cooking Pot
14. Tinder kit
15. Brew Kit

Fire box
Bin bag
FAK
Phone and Charger
Sense of Humour

Last edited:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Jesus it does make you think doesnt it.

It does indeed :D

Here is another attempt. Hopefully this can be signed off now :D (but i doubt it) :D

Looks good to me ~ just one question ...

1. Tarp
2. Tent
3. Sleeping bag
4. Sleeping Mat
6. Hip Flask
7. Hygiene kit
8. Knife
9. Saw
10. lighter
11. ecig
12. Chair
13. Cooking Pot
14. Tinder kit
15. Brew Kit

Fire box
Bin bag
FAK
Phone and Charger
Sense of Humour

There's no rucksack listed ~ done on purpose?

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Well i read the other thread and it seemed to be listed as free in many of the posts :(

It wasn't mentioned either way in the opening post for last years comp and when asked Sam okayed it. Some then took it as a freebie and some didn't. A pack's status as either an Item or Freebie wasn't mentioned in this thread's opening post either but, so far, we've gone down the route of a pack's an item ~ probably my fault after I made good use of my pack as a makeshift sleeping bag in last years comp and then answered 3333's (aka Beenn) question toward the start of this thread.

Tough call, I think it best to ask Sam for adjudication ;) :D

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
I think its fair enough that a pack is counted but I do think it harsh that i dont get a free item as i like both coffee and nicotine. I would also argue that my ecig is medication as i dont actually smoke :lmao:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I think its fair enough that a pack is counted ...

I've dropped a note to Sam to ask for his input. To be honest I'd forgotten that Sam had basically agreed that packs could / should be considered as freebies in last years comp :eek: .

... I would also argue that my ecig is medication as i dont actually smoke :lmao:

You can have your nicotine hit it as a freebie. Which means that your list of fifteen items is now fourteen ;) . So even if Sam says a pack's countable, it's not a problem :D .

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Ok finalish list then

1. Tarp
2. Tent
3. Sleeping bag
4. Sleeping Mat
6. Hip Flask
7. Hygiene kit
8. Knife
9. Saw
10. lighter
11. Pack or Torch
12. Chair
13. Cooking Pot
14. Tinder kit
15. Brew Kit

Fire box
Bin bag
Ecig
FAK
Phone and Charger
Sense of Humour

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
:mexwave::dancer:

Cheers Phil.

Sometimes I do good news too :rofl:

If it helps I'm planning on ...

The 15:~

1. Pack,
  2. Shelter,
  3. IPK ground sheet,
  4. Roll mat,
  5. Sleeping bag,
  6. Chair,
  7. UCO Micro,
  8. Saw,
  9. Knife,
  10. Spork,
  11. Cooking pot,
  12. Fire Irons,
  13. Tinder pouch,
  14. Food,
  15. Lighter.

Freebie / Safety Items:~

• Clothing Suitable for the expected conditions,
  • FAK,
  • Camera,
  • Water (No reliable source on site),
  • Phone,
  • Fire-box (Site requires that open fires be raised and contained).

Freebie luxury:~

Brew kit (In place of free nicotine hits).

Edit[SUP]2[/SUP]: Postponement of doing the challenge this weekend due to involuntarily producing industrial strength Lemon Curd Bio-Hazard by the bucketful :yuck::hatscarf::hatscarf::hatscarf::yuck:

Last edited:

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Think we might need an extra freebie - an ARK

8939416a.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE