Ferro rods

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

aza148

Tenderfoot
Mar 21, 2009
south yorks, penistone
Hi all im looking at making some ferro rods with my explorer scouts I've been looking around and have seen them on amazon /eBay for £10 for 10 just wondering if anyone knows anywhere I could grab them cheaper?

Thanks
Aaron

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
Here...keep your order under something like £15 and you dont pay import tax..need to look up the import tax threshold as it changes from time to time.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Huge-1-2-x-5-Ferrocerium-Rod-Flint-Fire-Starter-Lighter-Magnesium-Tool-Black-/271830329233?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f4a59a791

I bought 4.
In the spirit of Blue peter...Here one i made earlier.

Bottom one.
Snapshot_20141204_1_zpsf598d479.jpg

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
You think a quid each isn't cheap enough Aaron? I pay £8 each for mine from Woodlore.... they are the best. Cheaper ones are harder and don't spark as well... you tend to get what you pay for, unless ordering a 1000+

Hi all im looking at making some ferro rods with my explorer scouts I've been looking around and have seen them on amazon /eBay for £10 for 10 just wondering if anyone knows anywhere I could grab them cheaper?

Thanks
Aaron

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I agree with Mark on this one. I had very poor results from cheap ferro rods (Mountain warehouse I think they were), the Woodlore ones I have found to be the very best, with the light-my-fire a good second best.
Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE