Feel sick as a dog and about to pass out !

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
<tries to think of something not too negative to say>

You wont die Im sure, but you bank balance will.

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
I do hope that you plan to be there, at the big event....its one of the greatest things in life.

If you're real lucky and in plenty of time, you just may have the chance to don all the kit, including, gown,hat, mask and wellybobs.

Thats what I did and I do recall swanning around outside the theatre, (in the same way that newly qualified first-aiders tend toward busy traffic roundabouts), half expecting someone to shout "Doctor, Doctor!" but , alas.

And I never got to keep the gear!:lmao:

Thirty years on, and I can still recall just about every single minute of that night.

You've both got great days ahead.

Ceeg

You stated breathing again yet?
seriously though congrats and welcome to the first day of the rest of your life,
Things change from here on in, not for the worse though, they're just different, my lad turns 16 next birthday and I've no idea where the time went.
My one regret is that when he was very young I missed out on lots of stuff first steps (muggins in the falklands) first proper words (on some course or an other).
So gem of advice from me buy into the whole thing NOW breathe easy and enjoy the whole toxic nappy, eating screaming machine thing.It will be over far to fast.
Also bear in mind that the things which may make you proud of him/her are not always the things your other half would consider worthy of admiration, but thats another story:rolleyes: .
Have fun Tim
PS when the time comes PM me I have ear plugs ;)

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
Congratulations:
Blind panic lasted about 2 months in my case. It's better once she starts to show.

It's just great after that. It'll bring you closer to nature and bushcraft stuff and give you hours of pure pleasure. Be sure to buy into it big time, get involved and you'll love the whole thing.

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
:D Well in Dwardo, and Mrs Dwardo, nice one!

Being a relatively new Dad i've got to say that i started smiling when i found out we were going to have a baby and 28 months later i am still smiling! He's 19 months old now and i would not swap him for the world. He's already been bushcrafting.............but you do not want to know that! You've got your own adventure! Everyone is different. If your anything like me, you'll have a heart filled with love and protection for helpless baby and uncomfortable Mum, all i can say is treasure it, the rough and the smooth because your a lucky, lucky man, and it's all your own work (with some help from the Mrs). Just enjoy it man, and well done!

P.S Drop me a PM with your address, i've got a little something for you!;)

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Not got a child myself but my wife has so I have a stepdaughter, now I have to say that she's the best thing since before sliced bread.

Shes 21 now and is one of my best mates.

A right pisstaking little git (she says she got that from having to live with me) but great all the same.
Her father doesn't keep in touch at all which I figure is his loss and my gain.

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
Congratulations dwardo!!

Be prepared to treasure every ounce of sleep and to be overrun with small fluffy toys :D

I well remember the brief text my friend sent me when she went for her scan a few months
after she and her husband thought they might try for another one (already having one
who's now 3) - "Oh ****!!, it's twins" :lmao:

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Thanks for all the advice and kind words,

oh and i think i took a deep breath last night after a few glasses of wine :rolleyes:

I would say that i am starting to enjoy about 10% elation at the minute and about 90% panic but it is getting slowly better. Funnily enough other worries are starting to seem very pale in comparison :eek:

Will also pass on all your best to the missus who at the minute looks wonderfull :eek:

Even if she has done nothing but sleep :eek:

Moff8

Forager
Jul 19, 2004
Glasgow
Congratulations

Well you are already one up on me. My Mrs made me buy the blue stick cos she was too embarassed :)

He is almost 8 now and I am really enjoying this age. More so than the baby stage, I was always scared of hurting him somehow.

He loves camping and has even managed to drag his mum on a camping trip with us. Bushcrafter in training.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Didnt know if i should post this or not but sadly it wasnt our turn and we lost the pregnancy. We are both gutted but if nothing else it has brought us even closer together and we are now concentrating on getting married next year and trying again.

Thanks for all the kind words again and package from jebidiah, told the missus it was just woodworking books and ill keep them for next time.

Philbert

Tenderfoot
Jun 11, 2004
Northern Ireland
S orry to hear about your news bud, I know words at this time can mean nothing compared to the feelings you and the missus are going through. I and my wife have just gone through the same thing three weeks ago.

Take comfort in your friends and family and think to the future in the knowledge that you can try again.

Phil.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
{{{{{{{{{{{hug}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

And your missus can have one too. Treasure her dwardo. You will not believe how hard this can be - tell her you love her a lot fellah. And don't be frightened to let her know how you feel too. There is a lot of rubbish talked about what you should and shouldn't feel as a man.

However it sounds like you have a glorious lady - so that is enough. Trust me, I know.

Red

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
I am so sorry to hear your news.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your partner.

As Red has already said, tell her you love her, lots, both of you climb on the sofa and hug for as long as it takes.

Take it from me once you are sure your missus is fine, phone your best mate go for a beer and let it all out!

If you wanna chat with a stranger drop me a PM.

Take it easy.

The Brown's

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Dwardo....Was reading this thread, thinking up sommit nice to say to you, then saw your last post......I am real s'orry for you both....I am missing 2 babies that were never born. Hang in there mate and do not let it put you off trying for another in future....
All the best to you....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE