Feel sick as a dog and about to pass out !

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Came home yesterday to the missus in shock whilst holding a blue stick with the word "pregnant" on it :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

We have been together for near 10 years but it wasnt planned to say the least. So far the highs and lows are breath taking and adding not being able to breath onto that is a bit terifying. So calming words of advice please as im about to pass out

Does this last the whole 9 months ?

Am i about to hyperventilate and die ?

Happy, scared to death, madeup!, panicking, butterflys, out write panic.

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Congratulations.

My del went a funny colour to when I showed him those blue stick things.

He got a bit better after after a few weeks.

Then i got bigger ,and bigger, and bigger. But he was very good and kept telling me i was sexy, and didn't say I looked like a battle ship once. He did always have the rabbit in the head lights look.

Thing that turns up after nine months makes a man of you when it turns up. Try not to worry you will learn on the job. After about a year the rabbit in the head lights look faded with del.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Congratulations!
Have you started making mini hammock, knife and axe, Ventile rompers etc yet - only 9 months to get a full set of mini bushy kit together.........

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
Came home yesterday to the missus in shock whilst holding a blue stick with the word "pregnant" on it :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

We have been together for near 10 years but it wasnt planned to say the least. So far the highs and lows are breath taking and adding not being able to breath onto that is a bit terifying. So calming words of advice please as im about to pass out

Does this last the whole 9 months ?

Am i about to hyperventilate and die ?

Happy, scared to death, madeup!, panicking, butterflys, out write panic.

Congratulations
I found that the panik think lasts a lot longer than the pregnancy , i was worrying about having to communicate with teachers before they were even born . Then again i was a little s#*t at school .
Dont think youll hyperventilate and die . Although i did pass out and hit the floor when i found out mine were going to be twins !!!
Best bit of advice is to get yourself some muscle relaxing cream . I had a smile like the cat that got the cream , after a while it makes your cheeks ache from all that smiling . Belive me , you will need it .
Enjoy it mate
Pumbaa

scanker

Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Enjoy it. Time will fly by at an enormous rate. (Our second is due in January).

Anyway. What are you doing posting on here, shouldn't you be starting to replace the kitchen or some other DIY?

We had a panic and replaced our kitchen and tried to get all sorts of other DIY done before our first baby came along. When the midwife made her first visit, Mandy apologised about the mess and the midwife replied that about one of every two houses she visits were in exactly the same state - panicked prospective parents doing lots of DIY.

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
Congratulations.

You could always forget about it for 8 months then panic when the waters break as happened to SWMBO with both our 2 girls. Then you can start panicking and wondering where the sleep is going, whether you'll get any peace, then feeding and explosive nappies.

The stupid grin you have plastered all over your face despite lack of sleep, screaming, teething, feeding, explosive nappies, as you push your new arrival in a buggy with a look above the grin that says "Look at my new baby" makes up for it.

And when they smile at you, everything else melts away.

Hope you and yours have a good one :D

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I miss my wife being pregnant, she looked awesome! We're not doing that again though, three girls is enough for me thank you! You'll not have any worries, until the baby starts to move like one of those Aliens chest bursters but in the belly! Freaky!

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
Congratulations!!

Pros - You now have a taxi driver for several months :) :beerchug:
Cons - After this time, you become a full time taxi driver :(

Seriously though, enjoy it. It's a fab time and it really makes you wonder at mother nature. Don't panic about anything, and in 2-3 months time get a copy of this; You only need to follow it about 80%, but the idea of a routine, when and what to wean your nipper on, etc really makes life easy for you.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/New-Content...0397533?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1194522484&sr=1-1

Also your partner will appreciate this (it really does work!!)

http://www.bio-oil.info/en/home

ATB

Chris (father of 2)

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Best wishes Dwardo.

Once the baby arrives it totally changes you and your life and at the time it seems your world is upside down. Tired, nay, knackered, worry, doubt, but it's also wonderful at the same time.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Congratulations, and all our best hopes for everything going well. :D

We have so few babies nowadays, and every one is special.

Love the rabbit in the headlights comments, :rolleyes: enjoy:D

atb,
Toddy

D

Deleted dude 7861

Congratulations :D

If it's any consolation there's plenty of people out there that haven't even achieved the relationship stage yet, let alone the baby stage. I'm one of them and I look at families with a bit of jealousy wishing I was in that situation. You're a lucky person enjoy it :D

Beer Monster

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 25, 2004
With the gnu!
Congratulations!!!! :D What a big day!

Start buying in the Stags Breath now ...... you'll have to have your mates round to wet the baby's head when it arrives! :beerchug:

StJon

Nomad
May 25, 2006
Largs
Best wishes
mine is 21 now and turned into a wondful young woman I can still rmember taking her camping and hosteling fishin' and tracking the only time shes in a tent is when shes at a festival
hope all goes well for both of you and the little one

fred gordon

Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beerchug: Its probably not the end of life as you know it but it certainly will mean BIG chances, but for the better in my experience. Hope it all goes well for you both. My advice, for what it's worth - enjoy this time together for it will be many years before you can be just the two of you again!:D

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
Congratulations!

I seem to remember the 9 months flying by after the initial shock had subsided.

Enjoy it mate and regards to SWMBO!

Paul

Sep 27, 2007
essex
Congratulations! Can't say I have been there myself but im sure I would feel the same. It will be Nappies before flint and steels from now on!

Kris

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
All the best Dwardo,
The other guys are right, the time will fly by. And the morning after the new arrival, you'll wonder what you used to do for entertainment!

Ogri the trog

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE