Feel sick as a dog and about to pass out !

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

janiepopps

Nomad
Jan 30, 2006
Heavenly Cornwall
My thoughts and love are with you both. It is a weird hidden grief and may rise at the oddest times but it does get easier even though it may not feel like it right now. Hang on in there and have lots of fun and nice adventures in the mean time.

J

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
MY heart goes out to your missus and yourself
I had miscarriage between my two children. They are very normal and very common, knowing that didn't help much at the time, I just felt lost.

What did help was an idea from Tibetan buddhism. They believe a spirit of the un-conceived float about looking for parents and chose their next incarnation. Sometimes their new full life is not ready, so they need to visit somewhere warm and loving to rest for a while. Tibetans call miscarriages and stillbirths ' little visitors '. Having been through it, I could feel the spirit come and go, and this idea at least gave some meaning to what doesn't really make much sense.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I never take for granted that my wife and I were spared that pain. I can not say I know how you feel but send you all my sympathy.

I am thrilled that you have come through it as a stronger couple. Nothing should phase you now. Enjoy your wedding plans.

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Thanks again all, i expected nothing less than kind words from you lot and the experience of others thats helps you to think your not alone.

On a more positive note and moving forward does anyone know anything about were you can and cannot get married ie location etc ? The reason i ask is we a re looking at getting married in a woodland as i get to choose the location :) and a church is definately out !

If anyone has any idea on the legalities of such things please PM and if theres a quite a bit of info ill start a new thread for reference as i would like to put this one to bed.

Thanks again from both of us.

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
Hi,
really s0rry for your loss. I'm glad you're moving on, but be sure to give yourselves time to grieve.

We looked into this when we got married 5 years ago. At the time, there were no outdoor venues with licences for marriage. Your only option in this respect is to have a registry office/church affair for the official bit and have your woodland celebration wherever and however you like. Or there are places abroad with outdoor licences, but I don't know much about that.

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Hi,
really s0rry for your loss. I'm glad you're moving on, but be sure to give yourselves time to grieve.

We looked into this when we got married 5 years ago. At the time, there were no outdoor venues with licences for marriage. Your only option in this respect is to have a registry office/church affair for the official bit and have your woodland celebration wherever and however you like. Or there are places abroad with outdoor licences, but I don't know much about that.

Thanks Shep ;)

I have been surfing around and it does seem to be the case that there are no outdoor places licensed which i think is a real shame. I will keep looking and maybe as you say a small sign on the dotted line then a celebration/blessing would be just as nice.

Thanks !

malente

Life member
Jan 14, 2007
Germany
I don't kno whether or not this is of any help. A famous UK climber got married in a rock cathedral somewhere in the Peak or Lake District. Can't think of the name now, but wil post it when I remember it. I have seen some pictures and it looked impressive. $orry if I can't be of any more help at the moment.

Mike

P.S. I got married in Vegas with Elvis as minister :D He even sang two songs :rolleyes: :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE