Out and about with a budding bushcrafter and old man time!!!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Well done mate, looked like the wee man had a great time and poor Jason I can't imagine him being in bed by 9pm :lmao:

Yip in bed at 9pm the wee man ran me ragged ,which col thought very funny ,god am getting old ,pipe and slippers soon i think :lmao:

Jason

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
Yip in bed at 9pm the wee man ran me ragged ,which col thought very funny ,god am getting old ,pipe and slippers soon i think :lmao:

Jason

Dunno about that mate, although I bet you could probably walk further in slippers than I could in boots :lmao: it must have been the fresh air that tired yous out happens to me all the time ;)

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Dunno about that mate, although I bet you could probably walk further in slippers than I could in boots :lmao: it must have been the fresh air that tired yous out happens to me all the time ;)

That walking thing easy ,can do that for miles ,but i dont think i have run in about 20 odd years

Jason

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Marvelous!
I would love my kids to have a crack at canoeing but don't know where to start

The best way is, like anything in life, to make it fun for them, i started off by getting the wee man a tiny life jacket 5 months ago complete with its own wee whistle, let him wear it round the house, blowing the whistle and having fun, so that by the time he was in the canoe with the life jacket on, all he wanted to do was blow the whistle and therefor took the whole experience in his stride. I was so proud to have taken him out at that age.

If you dont have a canoe of your own, try finding a place that hires them, take them out in a nice sheltered bay and a day with warm weather and flat calm water, let them take there toys with them and give them plenty of sweats and juice and make the whole experience about them having fun, if that means sitting 5 yards from the shore and not moving then so be it, but next time im sure they will remember the good time they had and be more willing to go for it again.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE