favorite round the fire ,drink.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Ahhhhh - "Horseshoe coffee"
So dam strong you can float a horseshoe on it!
Just ideal for first thing of a morning!

Hahahahahaaaaaa, never heard it called that before.

It shall be known as Horseshoe Coffee from this moment on!!

Every time I make it, I'll laugh just thinking of the name. :D:lmao:

Comedy Gold mate. :)

When my sister drinks my morning coffee, she shouts "CLEAR!!" like they do on Casualty etc., says it kick starts her heart...

sapper1

Feb 3, 2008
swansea
Round the fire I'm quite partial to my home made pear brandy and also my fruit cocktail vodka,

Snowfire

Forager
Jan 10, 2010
Cotswolds
Tea please, Earl Grey for preference otherwise white and no sugar.

Unless it's after dark then mine's a large hot chocolate :)

Jul 26, 2009
My Front Room
Thinking back to drinking out doors I was nearly always at bike rallies. So typically anything available was consumed with equal passion. Now in my dottage I'd settle for a glass of fine red wine, well bodied and full flavoured. Especially after a campfire roast dinner. Hmmm v e n i s o n, aarrgh.

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
For me Black tea in the morning Strong coffee with honey and milk, and plenty of it. If it's cold I carry a hip flask of single malt, to be taken as required.

listenclear

Nomad
Aug 19, 2008
East lothian
Got to be a good whisky everytime.
Lagavulin, Ardbeg, Laphroaig, Dalwhinnie and Glenmorangie are a few firm favourites. Not too picky though, as long as long as the label has the words "single" and "malt" - i'm happy.

Jakata

Dec 16, 2009
Northampton
You really cant beat a good cup of tea once you have set up camp. Getting a brew on is the first thing we do. In the later hours I tend to start on the single malt though.

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
Camp isn't properly set up until the first brew of tea is made ;)
That having been said, omce the sun is over the yard-arm and the evening chill begins to decend, it simply has to be good Jamaican rum, and no shortage of it ! :)

gowersponger

Settler
Oct 28, 2009
swansea
If you had stuck around (and been trashed by the weather like the rest of us :) on the fri night you could have tried my Birch Sap Wine, mixed fruit, mixed alcyhole "Molotov" (one blast of a cocktail!) sloe gin or blackberry Vodka....
I am also partial to a good malt (laphroiag is mt favourite) straight or with rain water only!
Only American "whiskey" should be diluted with anything that might improve the flavour! :D
Rum - especially spicy is pretty good and is excellent for "motivating" hot choc.
Beer is too much volume in a cold hammock or bivvi - Lager (except good Belgian brews) is the devils own P, except when drunk ice cold (so you cannot taste it) under an African tree.
Cider is OK - especially if mulled...but to avoid chemicals it has to be Organic.....
All that said - the best booze is the stuff your pals pass you around the camp fire - sharing adds to the pleasure!
Avoid Omnicom, Saki, Croation home distilate and Hungarian "wiski"....:D

you and sapper are for 1 mental or 2 really love the outdoors? i defently think its 1 and 2:). :drive: TTFN. the blackberry vodka sounds sweet hopefully get to taste it one day.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE