favorite round the fire ,drink.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gowersponger

Settler
Oct 28, 2009
swansea
personly i like a can of scrumpy jack,old english/ or any sort of larger round the camp fire . spirits wise i would chose a spiced rum ,morgans or sailor jerry. hot drink would have to be a options orange hot chocy or hot milk.
what would you fancy??????????

lee2205

Tenderfoot
Jan 7, 2010
guildford
gotta be black coffee with loads of sugar, lemon and lime bottled water from tescos or better still a nice single malt with a dash of the afore mentioned water, glenmorangie portwood finish for preferance
lee

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
in the summer if its hot it'll be lager, g&t or cider, any cold weather and the cognac comes out :D along with penderyn whiskies and sloe gin

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Tea for me!
teas.gif
................. is the kettle on? :D

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Jura or JD around the fire at night

Coffee all day long

EDIT:

I'll also be taking a demerara rum I discovered in Scotland in October, OVD if anybody fancies sending me one down :)

Last edited:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
If you had stuck around (and been trashed by the weather like the rest of us :) on the fri night you could have tried my Birch Sap Wine, mixed fruit, mixed alcyhole "Molotov" (one blast of a cocktail!) sloe gin or blackberry Vodka....
I am also partial to a good malt (laphroiag is mt favourite) straight or with rain water only!
Only American "whiskey" should be diluted with anything that might improve the flavour! :D
Rum - especially spicy is pretty good and is excellent for "motivating" hot choc.
Beer is too much volume in a cold hammock or bivvi - Lager (except good Belgian brews) is the devils own P, except when drunk ice cold (so you cannot taste it) under an African tree.
Cider is OK - especially if mulled...but to avoid chemicals it has to be Organic.....
All that said - the best booze is the stuff your pals pass you around the camp fire - sharing adds to the pleasure!
Avoid Omnicom, Saki, Croation home distilate and Hungarian "wiski"....:D

jamin

Forager
Nov 27, 2006
lincoln
www.piczo.com
my dads sloe gin or sloe vodka goes down very well when its cold out. in shure a drop will be coing out with me while away with the scouts this weekend

lavrentyuk

Nomad
Oct 19, 2006
Mid Wales
Mulled wine with some added dark Rum.

Chili Vodka, especially a dash in the hot chocolate.

Because I hate getting out of my bag in the night to go for a pee.

Ale or home made cider in the summer though.

Richard

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
If it's just me and the dog in daylight;

Tea NATO standard (Coo n 2 - milk n 2 sugars).

Variations (depending upon what I forgot to pack) are;

Julie/Julie Andrews - White none
Whoopi - Black none
Warsaw Pact - no milk, no sugar, no tea, cold water only. :)

If it's around the campfire of an evening, depending upon readies it's;

Macallan or Laphraoig,
Warmed Sake, but usually
Vodka and Cola.

In the morning black, sweet, tar like coffee!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE