favorite piece of clothing?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
My all-time favourite is a pair of French ex-army trousers. They were a sort of olive green and had some great patch pocktes with buttons but apart from that I don't know anything about them. Unfortunately I wore them out years ago.

Otherwise my favourite piece of clothing will generally be an old cotton shirt and I'll usually be wearing it.

I'm fond of a fleece wasistcoat that SWMBO made for me.

I like mooching around in my underwear in the morning while I make the fire and get her tea and biscuits in bed. :)

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
Ooh this is a tricky one as I have quite a few but I think I'm gona choose my arktis dan cam smock although its not used that much it does come into its own when the weathers bad and it has some great features and build quality, the best waterproof hard wearing jacket iv found :)

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
For me its a tie between my Klättermusen Gere pants, converted to go outside my slalom boots and my Norröna Amundsen Cotton Anorak

Just about my favourite too Smogz. Best trousers I've ever seen or worn by a long way.

US N48 flying gloves ties for my favourite with the Klatts.

Ben98

Forager
Jun 30, 2010
West Yorkshire
Got to say that my favourite is my Buffalo Big Face shirt. A bit warm for summer but it's so old and worn that it makes a good layer year round. Always been tempted to try the lighter Buffalo stuff; it's getting increasingly harder to find Buffalo kit though nowadays.

Claudiasboris

Try Penrith Survival
No connection, just a happy buffalo buyer :)

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using Tapatalk 2

Claudiasboris

Life Member
Feb 8, 2009
Sheffield
Cheers Ben!

I live in Sheffield and the stuff used to be in most of the gear shops. Nowadays it's only online stores that stock Buffalo. Shame.

Claudiasboris

Soundmixer

Forager
Mar 9, 2011
Angus, Scotland
Tilley hat - now in it's fifteenth year
Swanndri Ranger shirt - likewise!
Paramo wind proof smock - light packable and very comfortable
Blundstone boots - I have three pairs, work (steelies), dress and everything else. Just awesome, all year.
Paramo Cascada jacket - for the worst weather, also around fifteen years old and still going strong. Had a Paramo service last year which replaced all the velcro, washed and reproofed the jack and sent it back like new.
Icebreaker merino beannie - always on me and it fits under the Tilley!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Tilley hat - now in it's fifteenth year
Swanndri Ranger shirt - likewise!
Paramo wind proof smock - light packable and very comfortable
Blundstone boots - I have three pairs, work (steelies), dress and everything else. Just awesome, all year.
Paramo Cascada jacket - for the worst weather, also around fifteen years old and still going strong. Had a Paramo service last year which replaced all the velcro, washed and reproofed the jack and sent it back like new.
Icebreaker merino beannie - always on me and it fits under the Tilley!

I had to read your post twice then had a wee laugh to myself. There's no close about it, that's my prefered wear in your list exactly. And your from Angus too? I think one of our Dads had a motorbike ;).

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
Had to choose probably my berghaus ridge boots gortex lined there battered and abused worn for everything and still dont leak also comfort is like putting on slippers did scarfell pike when they were brand new and not even a hot spot never mind blisters.
I love my brit army dpm combats aswell and my green tresspass beanie hat.
Them 3 items get used whether doing bushcraft,fishing,shooting,walking or playing about in the shed :)

Ben98

Forager
Jun 30, 2010
West Yorkshire
Cheers Ben!

I live in Sheffield and the stuff used to be in most of the gear shops. Nowadays it's only online stores that stock Buffalo. Shame.

Claudiasboris

Hi there
Hill and Dale in calderdale stocks a fair bit of there stuff
Or alternatively Buffalo is made in Sheffield, give them a ring and they'll get stuff out for you to look at :)

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using Tapatalk 2

ph5172

Forager
Feb 13, 2010
Coventry
I have a pair of LOWA Desert Boots that i have worn every day (nearly) for 5 years, Not waterproof but the vents and sole is just high enough to allow puddles to be navigated without to much of a an issue.

Switch

Tenderfoot
Jan 12, 2013
Scotland
Without doubt my olive green North Face Mcmurdo parka. It's now in its 11th year and still going strong...other than a bit of scuffing around one cuff. Since getting that jacket the cold weather is something experienced by other people. Couldn't recommend the jacket any more.

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
My moleskin smock (made by an ex member on here - Anddywink), based on the Swannie Bushshirt, I tend to wear mine tucked up, rather than full length.

The chest pocket is big enough to fit a folded OS map and is embroidered with the Scout logo and my username...

SDC13874.jpg

These were very popular when I first got it, with quite a few other Scout Leaders having them made too.

Sadly, as far as I know, Andy stopped making them.

I've recently rediscovered my shemagh too..Incredibly versatile bit of kit that will, once again, be going everywhere with me.

Simon

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE