Famous last words

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Puchal

Tenderfoot
Aug 11, 2010
Poland, Warsaw
For those so confident in the woods and on the rocky ridges:

"Hurrah, Boys! Let's get these last few reds then head on back to camp. Hurrah!"

General Custer looking and Siux village at the Little Big Horn...

echobelly

Jan 10, 2010
South Korea
Me: "Are you sure?"
Friend: "Yes, it will definitely go this way..." (as tree decides to sit back and fall in completely the wrong direction)

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
RSM = Regimental Sergeant Major aka God.
BFT = Basic Fitness Test - a couple of miles ran in a group in the first part, then on your own in second part, not really that hard.

RSMs are one of the most feared and respected people in any army unit, they run the lot, even Commissioned Officers will not argue with one. One of ours was nicknamed "Exorcist" ( as in the missle) as usually you could see him coming, but there was feck all you could do..

Extreme Pilgrim

Forager
Aug 27, 2010
UK
Captain Blackadder: Don't forget your stick Lieutenant
Lieutenant George: Rather, sir. Wouldn't want to face a machine gun without this.

Blackadder Goes Forth

S

SteveD

Whilst stood rigidly to attention on parade, RSM stood in front of me. He pokes me in the chest with his big stick and shouts '' Theres a c*nt at the end of this stick!!''

Without thinking I replied '' Not at my end sar'nt major''

He then walked away without saying a word, I could see him laughing to himself.

Somehow my name was at the top of weekend guard duties list for then next 6 weeks

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
"This looks like a good spot to sit and eat."

Said while walking along a trail round a big lake last week with Alison and her 73 year old Dad. We'd passed by a couple of benches 3km back and hoped to find another soon. We finally stopped and ate on the grass. After packing up we walked another 30m round a bend and found some tables and benches.

"This book is all you'll ever need for bushcraft... The author? Some bloke called Grylls."

"This knife is strong enough not to break doing this particular job."

"No I won't need to centre punch this hole, the drill will soon find its own centre."

"Welcome to Windows Vista ........." ....... No, I didn't want to open that, or that, or that. Dammit where'd they put the bloody off button?

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Whilst stood rigidly to attention on parade, RSM stood in front of me. He pokes me in the chest with his big stick and shouts '' Theres a c*nt at the end of this stick!!''

Without thinking I replied '' Not at my end sar'nt major''

He then walked away without saying a word, I could see him laughing to himself.

Somehow my name was at the top of weekend guard duties list for then next 6 weeks

CLASSIC!

following on from biker we were round at a m8's house and he was installing something shiney!
"whats that?" we asked
"windows 98, WAY better then 95 its more stable so it won't crash"
guess what? it crashed litterally moments later. queue formatting of hard drive and re-install.

later during the install process it flashes up "better, faster and more reliable then windows 95" i swear we couldn't breathe with laughter.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE