Famous last words

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Whilst talking with friends the other day I recalled an incident I saw in a karate class when I was living in Scotland. A little kid in the front row of the class, a newbie, put his hands in his pockets. The instructor pounced, grabbing the kid by the arms and holding them trapped in the pockets.

"Never put your hands in your pockets!" he yelled, "I've got your arms trapped. How are you going to escape now, eh?". Without a moments thought the kid swung a leg and kicked him in the groin.

Fair play to the guy. As he folded to the ground he managed to squeak out "Well done!".

Most of the senior grades got into trouble for laughing.

Anyway, I was wondering what buschraft-related famous last words (not necessarily fatal) you might have heard.

Here are some fictional ones:

"I'm sure it isn't a Death cap"
"Don't worry, its perfectly safe so long as you're careful"
"Of course I've tied the hammock securely. Those ropes will hold, no problem"

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Me - thinking "Its ok I won't slip and cut myse..............OWWWWW" - blood every where, lost the feeling in it for some months and to this day is a little tender if caught right.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I'd spent almost three hours looking for adders just outside of St Ives with a colleague. I'd found shed skins, grass snakes, lizards and everything else but live adders. My colleague piped up that it was getting late and we didn't stand a chance of finding one, when bang, he was bitten just to the side of his Achilles tendon. Brilliant. No envenomation took place though, and he was a cracking little juvenile that was almost blue in colour.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
"That won't burn...........well, you know ? it might"

Graham_S will remember the incident...........and a firesteel reduced to a skinny curved thing over a weekend by a very young Ross :D

M

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
"I wonder how firm that boggy patch is? It looks ok.... oh. Err, help."

Lost count of how often I've done that one. You'd think I might learn...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE