Famous last words

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Not especially Bushcrafty, but certainly my favourite last words, from General John Sedgwick: "What? Men dodging this way for single bullets? What will you do when they open fire along the whole line? I am ashamed of you. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance. "

He was, of course, killed by sniper fire almost immediately.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Not bushcraft related, however a true story in relation to my 1st cousin twice removed who was the driver at the Eltham Well Hall Rail Crash which killed 5 (including himself), injured 126, 40 of them required hospitalisation.

You can view the report here

His last words being "F****** hell!"

The cab where I assume he died... http://www.class47.co.uk/c47_zoom_v2.php?img=0998051012211

I did not mention this at my interview when I joined Network Rail.

Just thought I'd share...

Last edited:

Biker

My brother with the straight razor I'd just been given for my 21st birthday -

"So just how sharp is this? ... oops"

He'd had it in his hands less than 10 seconds. Lucky it was just a nick, he got off lightly my brother.

"That hill doesn't look that steep."

"Now watch carefully, trust me you're gonna love this bit." (insert scene of tumble weed blowing across the desert and crickets chirping for the reaction it got.)

"Here hold this, careful it's breakabl ... never mind."

"Yup that's genuine 550 paracord breaking strain of ... RUNAWAY!!"

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
"this is madness" were the last words of a persian dog before i kicked him down a large pit screaming "THIS IS SPARTA!!!!"
oh wait no, that was 300...

:D

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Me, taking bark off a small log with a knife too small for the job:

Thinks: "Well, I'll finish for the evening. I haven't cut myself even slightly, for a change. Oh, I'll just remove that bit there and... DAMN!.... Ooh, that one's gonna bleed... Uh, dear, do we have any more plasters?"

Trip to hospital followed shortly thereafter...

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Not especially Bushcrafty, but certainly my favourite last words, from General John Sedgwick: "What? Men dodging this way for single bullets? What will you do when they open fire along the whole line? I am ashamed of you. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance. "

He was, of course, killed by sniper fire almost immediately.

Damn you're internet skills.
I was going to do the Sedgwick quote.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
"I am just going outside and may be some time".

Lawrence Edward Grace ("Titus") Oates (17 March 1880 – 16 March 1912)

250px-Lawrence_Oates_c1911.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE