Eyeing Up Another Possible Permission..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Morning, went out yesterday to have a look at a possible permission, not my usual bag as i am not a fan of softwood plantations (years of being wet working in them!) but it looks very nice, it was a dreary wet old day aswell. not too far to walk in, quite level, but no water.

Still you can't have it all, the owner is going to think about it and let me know in the new year, was even ok with a fire!

Fingers crossed.

Ivan...

Belle Vue 3 001.jpg Belle Vue 3 002.jpg

Belle Vue 3 003.jpg

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Looks a tidy wood Ivan, well spaced for tents and hammockers. What species are there in there?

Hi Colin, Douglas, Stone Pine, Larch, a few Western Hemlock and a pretty young stand of Beech! Tucked away in the middle, it's like walking on a carpet.

Ivan...

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Sounds promising Ivan. Good luck with the owner, on a long term agreement.

Hi Ammo, i am always on the scrounge! Sorry lookout for potential sites, i have offered the options of a little woodland management, payment or both in exchange for the use, to be honest my serious wood's working days are now limited to a bit of handwork on level ground, leave all that machinery stuff to the bigger boys!

But many hands make light work.

Ivan...

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
Hello mate.
Ivan you've probably forgotten more than i've learned, so if you ever had a day's or week of hard work to do i'd happily, in fact i'd love to come and help you. I wouldn't want nothing payment except the opportunity to spend a few days learning. I'm not very skilled, but i am a hard worker, so keep in mind if you ever want help please.
Hi Ammo, i am always on the scrounge! Sorry lookout for potential sites, i have offered the options of a little woodland management, payment or both in exchange for the use, to be honest my serious wood's working days are now limited to a bit of handwork on level ground, leave all that machinery stuff to the bigger boys!

But many hands make light work.

Ivan...

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hi Colin, Douglas, Stone Pine, Larch, a few Western Hemlock and a pretty young stand of Beech! Tucked away in the middle, it's like walking on a carpet.

Ivan...

Nice mix, Douglas and Hemlock are two of my favourite smells in the wood and the Hemlock just looks so verdant and pretty. Good luck with it mate. You heading out over Christmas, or is it a turkey fest indoors?

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Nice mix, Douglas and Hemlock are two of my favourite smells in the wood and the Hemlock just looks so verdant and pretty. Good luck with it mate. You heading out over Christmas, or is it a turkey fest indoors?

Well with mother being up at sisters, which is only 4 miles away, we will be staying at home, just one nasty encounter to the metropolis tomorrow! Then apart from a bit of walking, visiting mum, safely tucked away in our little cottage.

Got the boys, sorted with all the things they wanted (within reason!)

Fingers crossed for a new silky!

One happy boy, no doubt some silly pics and nonsense report of how it all went!

Ivan..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE