Extreme Hammocking!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
I will wait till my new hammock arrives, and maybe next time I'm out with my climbing gear, hammock and camera in the car I can take some pics!
After seeing extreme ironing a while ago I did come up with the idea of extreme DIY, maybe fitting some shelves onto the side of a high building or face, but worried about the damage that might be caused :rolleyes: . This can't do any harm!

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Couldn't resist !! :lmao:

hammockguy3cc.jpg

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Oh, if I were still a climber...

Ever seen the sort of hanging bivies big wall climbers use? Now that's extreme. Me, I've never done anything like that, but I'm sure I could come up with some scary looking pics with the right camera angles. ;)

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
nice ideas and i could think of some great places to put mine :D
<puts on mod hat>
but your really going to have to be careful about the legality of what you are doing if you try any stunts like this have you seen the last photo of him getting busted ? and please i know you all will but make sure your safe, have good equipment and have a backup.

James

gregorach

Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
For anyone (many, I suspect) who hasn't seen a hanging bivy, there's a pciture of one here and another couple on this page.

Big wall climbers are nuts, if you ask me. Most of them would probably agree.

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
hummm portaledges had a friend once the spent a fortnight on one in a local crag for charity he was only about 20m up but i still wouldn't want to spend that much time in one

James

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
i'm gonna have to find something!

i've a few ideas also!

these photo's are all from the hennessey hammock website
they are strange but prehaps not so life threatening! (apart from the tank!).

how about this useing a tank! :rolleyes:
dutchtanks1.jpg

or a humvee for a quick getaway!
humveehammock.gif

over very wet water!
hammock_over_bog_2-ds.jpg

JUST A WORD OF WARNING!
if you are going to do something downright dangerous, make sure you have someone with you, and please do not mention BCUK or Bushcraft!!!!

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
Well I HAVE strung a hammock up on the deck of a cross channel ferry. It was an overnight crossign to Cherbourg from Poole and the lounge was filled with French truckers of the noisy kind and my ear plugs and shades weren't working. So I took a stroll out on the side deck and found a nice spot to erect my faithfull hammock betwix the railings and a bench. Very cosy and not cold as it was high summer. Nobody cared or maybe nobody knew...?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE