Exped down mats going cheap

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wintrup

Forager
Nov 5, 2005
London
First impresions: It takes a bit more patience to inflate than a Thermarest, but it's not difficult. It's just a matter of opening the end of the stuff sack and then rolling it up to get a decent bag full of air.

Once inflated. Comfy, but only a night on it will tell. I let a bit of air out to find the right amount of give. The stuff sack is padded at one end and with a few clothes thrown in can act as a pillow.

Overall it has a different feel to a thermarest. More elevated and much more give available. You can have it very firm or soggy.

tetra_neon

Forager
Oct 1, 2005
E Mids
I bought the super-duper delux version because I really don't get on with my own back.

Yes, it is very comfy but I find the warmth to be the main advantage. I'm sure you could lay it out on bare snow and still have a cosy night's sleep.

I do tend to slip and slide around on mine, though. I think the extra elevation might be exaggerating the degree of slipperiness experienced, but even so I seem to wake up a good distance away from my original spot.

I might make a bed-roll type thing out of some lightweight canvas to remedy this.

I'd recommend one, anyway.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
looks nice, i'm aways cautious about using down, as whenwet it's usless!

i'd like to try one though! ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE