Unboxing the "Exped Scout Combi" hammock and tarp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pango

Nomad
Feb 10, 2009
Fife
Hi,
Just to let you know that my hammock arrived yesterday morning, which is quite impressive considering I ordered it on Saturday morning.

So, now I'm excited, and at the first opportunity to get away for a night I'll be off like a racing lizard!

Cheers guys.

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
I am considering buying an Exped Down mat to replace my aged (and punctured thermarest) and also use it as insulation for my hammock. However I am am unsure if the 7DLX Exped Downmat will fit in between the two 'sandwich layers' on the Exped Scout Combi hammock especially when it has been hung and someone is lying in it. I found that my square theramest in my DD hammock was really squeezed at each end of the hammock when it is hung (due to the elipitical nature that the ends are thinner than the middle). I don't really want to splash out on an exped if it either does not fit (DLX) or is too narrow (standard) to provide adequate shoulder to should insulation.

Anyone had any direct experience of using either expeds in a hammock (even better if someone had used them in this model of hammock).

LBL

Last edited:

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Just heard back from Exped:

"Dear Mark

Thank you for your inquiry and interest in our products. You can put all of out mats into the bottom of the Hammock, also the dlx-mats.

Best regards
Bea Erni

Exped AG
Hardstr. 81
CH-8004 Zuerich
Switzerland
Tel +41 (0) 44 497 10 10
Fax +41 (0) 44 497 10 11
Email info@exped.com
Web: http://exped.com"

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE