Ex-military, sort of beginner, West Midlands

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

KasperGhost

Oct 19, 2014
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I was wondering if you could assist me. I have recently become a Forest School leader and renewed my love for the outdoors. I left the Army in the summer and started a business trying to switch on disaffected youth through outdoor education. I am trying to improve my own skills in the outdoors to pass on to the next generation. I would love any information or assistance. I am based near Dudley, West Midlands but travel a lot, mainly up to Manchester and around the Wyre Forest. I have some basic knowledge and trying to turn what I have seen and read into physical achievements, without having to carry a rifle and go on stag!

I have started ID of trees and berries which has lead me to attempt a few wood based projects such as whittling a knife, crafting a spoon, other green woodwork and making a few benches and chairs. I am eager to learn and would appreciate any help.

Ben.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hi Ben and welcome toBCUK.

It's a huge subject, have a wee look through past posts - there's heaps of info on here. Maybe if you whittle it down to more specific questions I'm sure the helpfull bunch here will more than happily answer any questions; they're a clever lot.

Hope you have fun and learn - and teach us lots.

ATB,
GB.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Hello, welcome and good luck with your business venture.....sounds a very worthwhile endeavour :)

Ask away with your questions and somebody on here will no doubt know the answer....and the rest of us will have an opinion too ;)

Cheers,

Bam. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE