Ex militarty from yorkshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
hello, im fresh on here so thought id better introduce my self. well im scotty, im 22. just out of the army due to a medical discharge,(very VERY gutted). i now work for ghd which do womens hair straightners etc... as a quality control technician. very boring work but pays bills. im contracted to them until end of january. i see this as a great period to plan my next career which i dont have a clue as what i want to do yet. i am very interested int he outdoors and i am seriously thinking about starting to get out and do some serious trekking. i dont know what you call it, mabey wild camping mabey backpacking. at presant im trying to rope a few freinds in but the modern world youth is not interested in this line of entertainment. im planning on learning alot more about the bushcraft side of wild camping. ive learned a few basics from the army but would like to get stuck into some serious natural foods.
anyways blabbered on enough there.

cheers scotty

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Hello Scotty , Sorry to hear of your MD , Gutting..Never mind, move on etc, hope to see you around and remember there is plenty of info on the forum , the 'search' button is your friend!! warning , the forum can be slightly addictive!!
Take care

TD

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
Hey man,

i can relate to your hunger to "get out" and just live on the road for a bit.

do it while you can, i wish i,d have done it at 22,

its refreshing to hear, and i dont wanna sound "Meldrewish" but the aspirations of a lot of 22 year olds seen to be of a material nature,

looking forward to hearing more of your plans.,.

thank you all for the welcoming. and raikey i think alot more young people would be keen for a do if they had some where to learn from. im after a mentor or some one of a simular age to learn with. i think alot of people are put off when they go it on their bill

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Typical inner bushcrafting womble coming out there :rolleyes: :D

Hi Scotty :) and welcome to the forum :cool:
Pull up a seat and join the conversations around the virtual campfire.

atb,
Toddy

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Hello & welcome to the forum.

Don't know if you have transport, but there is a meet in Manchester next month...lots of friendly faces eager to share all they know;)

...just search for Middlewood and you'll see what we get up to.

Simon

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
Welcome to the forum,
there are a surprising amount of ex-military types on here so you should feel at home.
Come along to a meet or two, join in of the various threads, have fun.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE