evernew dx stand.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
Does anybody have any experience with the evernew dx stand?
I am looking to replace my trangia triangle with something that has a little more protection from the wind but isn't too much more bulky to cart around?

Just seen these on a lightweight backpacking website and thought it looked ideal!
its only going to be used with esbit tabs and the trangia burner. Im not going to be burning wood in it.
evernew-dx-pot-stand.jpg

Last edited:

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
Cheers for the reply.
How durable have you found it with repeaten use?

I've just pulled the trigger on one from japan on ebay.
It's amazing that it is cheaper to buy and send it half way around the world; than buy it in the uk!

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
I bought one of these a couple of weeks ago. I bought it with the Appalachian set, so including a pot and meths burner.

I've only used it a few times, but as wind protection go, it's not great. It could be better.

With this in mind, on a recent trip I used an experimental wind shield:

IMG_4280_sm.JPG

J

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
Scoman is that the older alpkit mug (larger capacity)or the newer 650ml mug. I bought myself one of the newer ones at xmas so that would be ideal if it fits in there.
Has anybody used the evernew burner that nests in the dx stand?
Quixoticgeek have you tested your evernew burner from your set against a trangia burner?

Having 2 sets of jets i would have thought it wouldn't be as efficient as a trangia burner.
EN Burner 1.jpg

Last edited:

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Nice one - how do you pack it?

Yeah, it has that slight issue, It's also not very light...

Has anybody used the evernew burner that nests in the dx stand?
Having 2 sets of jets i would have thought it wouldn't be as efficient as a trangia burner.

Yes. Only a handful of times but, enough to make the following observations:

• It's thirsty - this isn't a burner that will boil a mug on 10ml of fuel. It has markings at 30ml and 60ml, if you're water is starting at about 15°C, then you should be ok boiling it on 30ml, but you will need a little more in the winter.
  • It's viscous - the evernew burner tends to come out near the top of a lot of boil time tests, the amount of heat output is impressive, it can make picking up the pot by the handle interesting... I have taken to using a pot lifter to do so.

HTH

Julia

peaks

Settler
May 16, 2009
Derbys
Has any one used the DX with Esbit tabs?

Just ordered a DX from Japan too - big savings in cost..........

I've had the Evernew burner for a while - use it with a trivet. It is thirsty but impressively hot. If you put the pot directly on the stove you shut down one set of holes and that tames it somewhat. I think its a good bit of kit. If you really want to cook + simmer uses a Trangia or Tatonka.

kaizersoza

Trekking Troubador
Jan 12, 2014
Swansea
I have used the DX with a cheap knock off burner and also the original Evernew burner, I would not like to cook a meal on either of them, their burn time just ain't long enough to cook food, but if you are using a pot cosy and dried or mre type packs, they then become useable, so bear this in mind, as a wood burning stove they will work but need a wind protector and loads of small bits of wood/twigs as they take a while to boil, light as a feather, you don't even know you have it with you until you take it out of your pot lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE