Estonia Kit List - Comments Please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
No worries mate. Always happy to see others spending their cash instead of me :D. Its a cracking deal for such a good bit of kit and fee postage makes it even better

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
lol. i think so. you struggling with pack space?

on another note the bare bag will be here at 1pm. i feel a bivvy coming on tonight especially as its carting down with snow currently

think i might need to redo my kitlist. Things are a changing fast

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Yes Rich. Arrived this morning. Seems a bit bigger across the chest and waist than I remeber the brit issue one to be. Side Zip, prefer the US hood system to the brit one. Its all taped seams.Looks to be brand new as well. Good catch.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
lol. i think so. you struggling with pack space?

on another note the bare bag will be here at 1pm. i feel a bivvy coming on tonight especially as its carting down with snow currently

think i might need to redo my kitlist. Things are a changing fast

No, not yet, tbh as soon as my top quilt arrives I'm gonna have a trial run with my pack!!

What I'm thinking is for when we base camp over there, if Pete has room instead if you taking that big billy and me the big fry pan I was thinking about taking the big dutchy?

God knows what it weighs though lol

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
The temps are looking quite comfortable too

uryvaduq.jpg

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
No, not yet, tbh as soon as my top quilt arrives I'm gonna have a trial run with my pack!!

What I'm thinking is for when we base camp over there, if Pete has room instead if you taking that big billy and me the big fry pan I was thinking about taking the big dutchy?

God knows what it weighs though lol

I cant see a need for that amount of weight mate. Think we are gonna be little and large :D Im thinking my existing pack is now too big. im going to try a test run with my LA Strike and see if i can get everything in that and then take my small tatonka as a day pack.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Wow that means the app I have is bloody way out!!!

That's good news about the pack mate.
I thought you were gonna take both?

Has your new bag arrives yet?

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Wow that means the app I have is bloody way out!!!

That's good news about the pack mate.
I thought you were gonna take both?

Has your new bag arrives yet?

Its due at 1pm according to the courier. once it arrives ill be doing a full test pack but im hoping the LA strike plus ribz and my baby tatonka pack will fit what i need with room for grub. If the weather is set fair nearer the time im going to ditch the golite and Jerven and take my bearpaw tarp tent and sil bivvy which will save about 2500g.

Weather is the key to everything at the moment so its sit and wait time :)

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
That's a big weight saving!!

That's cool that means I can stuff some of my gear in your bag with you lol!!

At this rate all your gonna need is a carry on!!

I'm starting to think now we are gonna hit double figures in the minus of an evening!!

I'm also putting alot of faith in this down quilt iv ordered!!

Mat knows his stuff though and if he say minus 18-19 then I'm gonna believe him!!

I'm still tempted to get one of those Montaigne smocks that are going for £50 as that's the sort of wether they are built for!!

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
im sure it will be fine mate. Bottom line is we all have gear for proper cold if needed but can react and lighten the load if it warms up.

BTW, ive made you a pressurised pepsi stove and take down potstand. Not got much on today so thought id make a few and ended up with 5 lol. Im getting 6 min boil times for 500 ml using it in the bottom of my wild woogas stove. Let me know what height and length you want the windscreen and ill manufacture.

Jaan

Forager
Apr 22, 2011
Tallinn, Estonia
Good to be catching up on the discussion, I've been way too busy.

Still haven't managed to call the guy with the boat to ask about any fees. I'll try to do it soon.

The weather has been very warm the past few weeks. Usually we get the coldest days during February but it has been around -2. It's been snowing so that still means there's a lot of it.

But walking to work the birds are singing again which will probably mean it'll be an early spring. I do hope so at least.

Looking forward to your trip!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE