Estonia Kit List - Comments Please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Thanks Paul. :)

Some further googling from that page brought up "Kelk" as sledge. Loads of them advertised, some look really good.

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
http://www.okidoki.ee/search/do/?query=kelk

I searched Osta Kelk.

Crazy carpet/ deer drag is another option. I'm just pricing some sheet up now to make one. 1mm plastic sheet, it'll roll up into a very small cylinder and weigh 600g. Its looking like a tenner for one.
I'd prefer a pulk so I can ride it, but taking something over is always easier and I haven't got to fart about drilling the fixings over there.

I've always got the bigger toboggan( not the black beast, a lighter thinner one). 3kg and rolls up easy, it'll take all our gear and go in the boot no problem.

Last edited:

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
i like this one best, all the gear in the back, me and you on the seat Pete and jacko in a harness :D

The land is pretty much flat so dont see too many issues with using a kiddie sled if needed. ive got AndyBBs Fjellpulken here so i could just pack in that and chuck it on the plane :D

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Just got a price back on the PE1000 sheet. £45 for a sheet to make 2, can't get the cheaper stuff-only the super slippy(Dyneema equivalent).

The price isn't thrilling me, kiddy sleds better value. :)

Last edited:

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
if im honest i do think it will thaw. if it doesnt ill be happy with a kiddie sledge as the terrain is flat and my bergen will give a low centre of gravity

if its clear its like a blizzard then this comes

20130306_132002_zps48e30332.jpg

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Yeah righto!! Pick on the youngster!!! Lol

I reckon a sled is the way to go chaps!! Although Pete you do have the extra bag and I'm happy to take my share of pulling the big bad boy pulk!!

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Yeah righto!! Pick on the youngster!!! Lol

I reckon a sled is the way to go chaps!! Although Pete you do have the extra bag and I'm happy to take my share of pulling the big bad boy pulk!!

That could work. It can be pushed with hiking sticks as well as pulled. 3kg isn't much penalty to not have to carry anything :)

It's ready to go whatever happens.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
On another note, the car!!

I no you have spoke about this before and in tending to agree with you.

I can't see the Clio being big enough for is and the gear.

But I think we will prob only need a mondeo size car, it shouldn't cost much more either.

Also like I said earlier, hotel is double checked and all is good.

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Things change so quickly!

Thanks for the link to the supermarket. Ill have a good look later.

Did you manage to contact the harbour master at Salmistu Jaan? Not a problem if not. ill give him a try from here

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE