Essex Group Setup & Pub meetup?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
Oh Dear. I popped in a date just to get the date conversation going, but now we have tim, 2 London crew and no Essex crew. The idea was the London crew tag along, not take over.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Right, only the three of us for a London meet but I'm afraid I'm going to pull this one!

But!

Let's go walk about! Hockley woods 14th April 1pm meeting in the car park. Fortunately by the car park is also a pub for afterwards AND it's 15-20 minute walk from station!

hemdale

Nomad
Jan 30, 2012
London
Sorry Tim, I didn't fully read your previous post...

Great ! Count me in Tim !
What do we need in terms of logistics, can we stay overnight ?

Jan 2, 2012
Essex
Hi everyone

I am new to bushcraft. Did a weekend away last year to learn the basics and have some basic kit..

Really enjoyed it and would love to learn more and meet like minded people.

I live in Harlow so Essex group is perfect for me.

Would live to tag along in 14th if no one minds. Would love to learn from some more experience guys and develop my skills.

Hopefully see you next weekend:)

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
I've shot emails off to the three local sites to see whether they'll allow non scouty people on site. My best choice is a no due to being booked, the other two depend on whether they take non crb'd people. Failing that I have a field next to a railway line free to use, a much quieter garden or we could try our hands at stealth camping.

Two of the three have said no, so it leaves us with either my field (has a couple of trees suitable for hanging as well) and a convenient train station). Fires ARE allowed, my 60ft garden which is a little overlooked but again, fires are allowed and if the weather is fine we can always get the pizza oven alight though currently it looks like a bit of a bomb site due to the new path being installed or there's a couple of public woods which several are used for camping though I'm guessing not officially...

Last edited:

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
No worries about the camping - meet 2pm at Hockley Woods car park. My number plate is suspiciously like my surname N E O B A R D and is a gold Prius. I'm picking hemdale up from the station may be a few mins late depending on whether he's there before or after 2pm.

Main idea is to get firefighting gear sorted (bow drills etc) and identify/harvest some suitable tinder.

Jan 2, 2012
Essex
Great see you there.

I have some previous experience of bow drills etc... But would be good to see if the winter has killed my skill (what little I had)

I will aim for 2 I drive a blue BMW estate.

See you tomorrow.

shovel reccy

Forager
Feb 22, 2007
cambridge
yes another harlow boy . hows things gaz man you get out much, i get up latton as and when time permits, we will have to meet up.atb paul.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE