Essex Group Setup & Pub meetup?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Essex_Coat_of_Arms.jpg

Right, threads keep surfacing about doing an Essex meetup. So to set the ball rolling I've set up an Essex group. I've gone through a few threads and invited people who've expressed interest in a London/Essex meetup.

I'd suggest before we do a moot, we go for a pint somewhere to meet faces etc

The group is here: http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/group.php?groupid=18

The location should be close enough to public transport to allow those without cars to access it and central enough that people from different areas of the world can access it.

Brings to mind either London at Liverpool Street area or Shenfield as it's a fairly central hub to most. I live out Southend way, so I'm not just picking the most central pub to me. Unfortunately neither locations host 'quiet quaint country pubs' - so if no-one interested in an Essex moot has travel issues we could meet up in nicer out of the way pubs, so let me know below if you're interested. There's a lovely pub in East Essex right out in the sticks, owned by the Oliver family called 'The plough and sail' which does fairly nice grub for instance...

I'll be at the Bushmoot until the 11th and back off on the trail with my scouts on the 18-25th. I'm running a music event on the weekend between the two (www.rochfest.org.uk if you're interested) so any meetup will be September time. Hopefully we could get something setup for October/November/December?

wild1

Nov 13, 2011
romford
hi im in the north romford area and i am up for a meet of some kind i have tried posting on the essex group page but i am unable to

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Ok ladies and gents, I'll organise a couple of meetups. There's a sort of London group setup. I'm going to propose an evening weekday London liverpool street meet first, and or an Essex one on a weekend. Maldon (not close to me particularly) has the blue boar and Rochford has the Golden Lion or the less traditional but more airy horse and groom.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
Ok ladies and gents, I'll organise a couple of meetups. There's a sort of London group setup. I'm going to propose an evening weekday London liverpool street meet first, and or an Essex one on a weekend. Maldon (not close to me particularly) has the blue boar and Rochford has the Golden Lion or the less traditional but more airy horse and groom.

Hi Tim

London Pub Meet 3 is now pointing at this thread so you will have some incoming and may need to start getting a pub and date together.

TROOPER

Aug 17, 2009
essex
Two hopes of makin that one i'm afraid, Bob Hope and No Hope, the first ones dead! the rest is lemon entry dear Watson. Sorry try to catch you on another one.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE