Newbie from Essex

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SV94

Dec 9, 2021
Essex
Hi all. Complete rookie from Essex here. Used to watch a bit of Ray Mears growing up and more recently I watch youtubers like Joe Robinet, but I've never actually *done* anything. The older I get the more my young dreams of wanting a huge mansion become replaced by wanting a cabin in the woods far from society, and I figured this would be a good place to start getting into it.

At the moment I just do walks in Broaks Wood near Halstead/Braintree, but I've noticed maybe half a dozen bushcraft shelters there (are they the handywork of anyone here? :p), and one of the dog walkers I've encountered has said in spring/summer there is frequently people/families camping in there. No plans to do anything aside from continuing to walk there until I make sure I'd be legal to do so, but based on what I've seen, heard from people I've encountered, and not seen (aka "No camping" signs") I'm hopeful but not expectant that it'd be fine.

Would be interested to meet people from Essex/Suffolk/Hertfordshire and learn/practice and enjoy the time away from the hustle and bustle of society with.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Good to have you on Bushcraft UK, there's tons of info on here and a lot of people that know a lot of things soI'm sure that you'll find what you're after. Dreams of a cabin in the woods are common on here :D

Good to hear you value traditional forums, you don't hear that so much these days.

Looking forward to seeing you about the place
T

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE