Essex Group Setup & Pub meetup?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 2, 2012
Essex
Was good to meet up yesterday.

Still got he feeling of ants on my legs :D

Next time we will definitely have to camp and have campfire ( if we can light it that is!)

Shovel reccy - I do not ge out much am only just getting into bushcraft really. I have done a weekend away last year which gave me the desire to learn more. Hard part s finding the time to get out! I live bush fair area so close to Latton woods

Essexman

Forager
Jul 26, 2010
Essex
Hello Harlow chaps, I'm just down the road in Epping forest. Nice to see some locals here :)

Glad the meeting went well, I'll keep an eye out for the next.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
It was talked about at the meet - set a date and let us know! Also post in the Essex group as well as here!

woodpoet

Mar 16, 2012
Walthamstow
Hope your meet up in Hockley Wood was a great success. It sounds as though it was. Looking forward to meeting up again with everyone.

Jan 2, 2012
Essex
Sounds like a good plan to me.

Would be good to actually get a night under the stars planned in if poss.

Hope everyone keeping well?

phil wright

Jul 24, 2008
Harlow
debden house camp site is situated on the outskirts of epping forest and allows open fires in its "fire field" when camping there.
you have to book your fire pit well in advance.
regards
phil

hemdale

Nomad
Jan 30, 2012
London
Hi guys,

I don't know about you but I'm slowly (but surely) turning into an proper outdoor man. Let's get out of London and go to the woods !

May 16, 2012
Leigh on Sea
Hi Guys,

Sorry to hijack this thread.

Just became a member of this forum in a hope to meet up with a bushcraft group in the Essex area. I've added myself to the Essex group but being a new member my forum privileges are limited.

I would be up for joining the group on any future meets

Thanks

Lee

Essexman

Forager
Jul 26, 2010
Essex
Hi Guys,

Sorry to hijack this thread.

Just became a member of this forum in a hope to meet up with a bushcraft group in the Essex area. I've added myself to the Essex group but being a new member my forum privileges are limited.

I would be up for joining the group on any future meets

Thanks

Lee

Welcome to the froum Lee. Although I live around Epping, I work at Eastwood just down the road from you.

phil wright

Jul 24, 2008
Harlow
Ok, how about Friday the 29th of June at the owl pub in lippets hill in epping forest.
Meet there for say 7.30pm and last one there gets the round LOL

Gives people time to see this thread and to reply saying whether or not if they are coming.
If people are coming via public transport I can pick you up at the nearest tube station, which will be debden on the central line

Last edited:

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Hi Phil, sounds good, I might need a reminder closer to the time though! :)

Hemdale - we can meet up then? I've not seen a london meet recently.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE