Enzo Trapper bushcraft knife in Stabilised maple

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
Here is one from a Kit I bought from a stall at Naturefest, it origionaly came with very thin red liners, which i took off and swapped for double black MAN liners. it was a remarkably easy kit to do, it only took a little bit of adjustment, some epoxy and ALOT of wet and dry paper.

Specs:

Blade: Enzo trapper Scz in D2 tool steel
Scales: Stabilised maple burl
Pins: Stainless corby bolts
Blade length: 95mm
Blade thickness 3.5mm

anyway, here is the finished article.

DSCN2179.jpg

DSCN2172.jpg

DSCN2180.jpg

DSCN2181.jpg

DSCN2185.jpg

i hope you like it.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Nice work Josh, just working on one at the mo, as I really like these blades.

I also went for MAN size liners :)

wizard

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
USA
I like your Trapper Josh, you and I think alike. Here is one I did with curly birch and D2 steel. I cheated and used a Dremel here and there.

aIMG_0286.jpg

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
looks fantastic josh, got to have a go at one of these.
do you find the handle is big enough josh? or would it be better to put your own scales on it.
i mean the scales that come with the kit, would it be better to change them, as from the pics i have seen the handle looks a liitle small or is that just me mate, is it comfortable?

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
looks fantastic josh, got to have a go at one of these.
do you find the handle is big enough josh? or would it be better to put your own scales on it.
i mean the scales that come with the kit, would it be better to change them, as from the pics i have seen the handle looks a liitle small or is that just me mate, is it comfortable?

it is very comfortable mate, i chose the bigger liners to bulk the handle out more, as i like big handles.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
it is very comfortable mate, i chose the bigger liners to bulk the handle out more, as i like big handles.
me to, thats why i asked, i think there is nothing worse than a small uncomfortable handle on a knife, thats why i love the spyderco bushcrafter so much, the chunky erganomics on that knife for my hands are perfect, i have just made a knife and based the handle around the erganomics of the spydie, and where i can get away with it, will try and accomdate the handle scales to that chuncky shape, as i just love the way it feels in the hand.
hope that makes sense.

WoodMan

Forager
Jan 18, 2008
Norfolk
I recently made an Enzo Fisher with black liners, brass corby bolts and orange G1. It was my first attept at this sort of thing and it turned out ok but I leant a bit along the way. I think the G10 was a bit ambitious as a first timer material (not counting antler, which I have worked with quite a bit). I'm now working on a damasteel blank from Heinnie Haynes with Oak handle. Fancy an Enzo Elver blade after that. Glyn

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE