English Rose - My First Attempt – My First Knife – See It In The Making - TRACY

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

AndyW

Nomad
Nov 12, 2006
Essex
Englishrose222 said:
Weeeelll, you might not be quite so far off, because Bocote is a rosewood, but not brazilian its mexican, but although it is called mexican rosewood - Bocote is not a rosewood at all..........wi' me so far???
I'm with ya and just wanted to say I checked back where I saw it here and found that I'd got confused between the Mexican Rosewood and Brazilian Kingwood :banghead:

Englishrose222

Tenderfoot
Jun 30, 2006
Devon
englishrose.222.tripod.com
Okay guys

The contest is up and over - there was some very brave attempts some very interesting answers and some utterly fantastic descriptions. One way or another you've all had me rolling around laughing my socks off and i've enjoyed every minute of this. Thank you for taking part and an extra thank you if this is the first time you have spoken with me. So now i will tell you who the winner is..............drum roll................the winner is.............hehehehehe............

Mike Hill (huge applause - lots of cheers - party poppers - popcorn everywhere) Well done Mike.

Aannnnddd........i couldn't not give an extra prize to Tadpole, because Stuart, first of all is the first timer to talk with me, and that takes some courage and secondly his answer came in behind Mikes in less than a just a few minutes by PM see below - so big applause to Stuart as well.

Well done guys - i've wrapped up your prizes and sent them - they should be with you very soon - well done. Til next time...... (soon).

Oh, nearly forgot - by the way Shinkers, i told you what this timber was last week...naughty, naughty, naughty............

Tracy

14-02-2007, 22:38
Tadpole
Nomad
Nomad Join Date: Nov 2005

wood

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

looks like Bocote to me

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE