Endicotts to close

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
This is sad...if it's true. Is it possibly an April Fool? Closing down because an EU directive says that ex-military ponchos must be stored in watertight bags?

If it's true, my apologies for doubting the sincerity of the comments.

Geoff

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
If it is true I am hot-footing it down there to buy as much stock as possible.

What will the EU think of next? All small businesses that have been going since WW2 to be closed down because they are past there 'sell by date'? :rant:

stickbow

Tenderfoot
Aug 11, 2006
Northampton England
Hi Guy's
I have just trawled through the endicotts website and found this on one of their pages "ANOTHER NOTE !! We have some VERY INTERESTING news for you (probably around Tuesday morning (!) so do check back to see whats happening !! "

I wonder what the interesting new's could be???

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
I wonder how long the financial budgeting committee has had powers to declare storage methods of goods internationally... ;)

Nag.

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Had a look on his site, the guy seems to be a bit of a joker, and it's the 1st April.........hum.... :rolleyes: :D Good publicity anyway!

I like that bit: ENDICOTTS = MUST CLOSE 2 E=MC2 with a picture of a look alike Einstein!

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Aye, quite clever. I wonder how many people are trying to buy up the 'last' of their stock.. :D Well as advertising goes, it certainly worked! We're all talking about it, even though it's been rumbled! Good for them.

Nag.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE