Empire wool and canvas company

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Howies do something called a yurt which is only listed for women at the moment. I have a pullover and a jacket, both bought in the sale and I really like them.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I've got a couple of things from them - the wool jacket with the poppers up the front and an amazing parka from when Kevin had a roll of Ventile to play with - both of them are utterly superb. Kevin himself is a really good bloke and will do his utmost to include any little design alterations you might want. The quality of his gear is truly excellent and he is pretty efficient about getting the stuff out to you as well. It is not the cheapest but it will certainly withstand as much abuse as you, your children and your grand children can hand out to it.

I have no connection with the company; I am a very, very satisfied customer, that's all!

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Their canvas parka was used by Gordon Buchanan on the year long polar bear shoot.

_65070987_65070986.jpg

( not the bloke in the bear suit)

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
It's interesting that they choose to use a wool/nylon blend rather than 100 per cent wool.

I believe that there is a 100% wool option, made by Kevin, but sold by a different outfit. There used to be a link to the site that sold them. I don't know whether it's still there.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I though he was in a swedish smock in that series? I really fancy one of those empire smocks.look the bomb.

Great bits of kit. If I was getting a smock, I'd be torn between making a Wayland copy or one of those bad boys from Empire.

I was dead sure it was an empire smock on brown pants Buchanan, I remember seeing the label. Googling hasn't helped confirm it though and checking my undyed smock I got last month, it looks pretty similar at the neck and the drawstrings and nothing like the new Empire job on the website :)......

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
Brown pants, that made me chuckle. It was the shape of the pocket flaps that made me think it was swedish, they have that point thing going on lol. Good series that.

robotchicken80

Tenderfoot
Nov 12, 2012
Verden (Germany)
Hi Ledder,

I got the Boreal jacket 100% wool. There used to be a link in their website in order to order the 100% one.
I am kinda short, so I ordered mine a little bit shorter than the standard model and there was absolutely no problem with that. There was quite a long waiting list, so it took them almost 4 months to deliver mine, but they also warned me about that. "Custom-made orders take longer" they said.
The product has an outstanding quality and it's keeping me warm in the German winter... :)

Highly recommeded. You will not regret it.

Cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE