Services offered Bespoke Wool Shirts and Smocks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mwoolfare

Maker Plus
Dec 30, 2022
Macclesfield
HI All,

Im Brian and I run Modern Woolfare. I pattern, cut and sew all of my products and they are made from 100% Boiled Wool. No smelly old blankets or plastic. I source all of my fabric from a mill in Lancashire and it has natural stretch and lanolin, in addition to it beings non fray and all the good parts of water repellency and warmth. All of the shirts are overlocked and double stitched and a variety of pocket options also.

I can make specific to size (chest/arm length/back length) or you can buy off the peg, although every shirt is made to order. I currently offer three styles and three colours. I sell on Etsy and Im happy to offer a 10% discount to forum members using the discount code LINDEN

Etsy Store

if any of you follow Bjorn Bull Hansen on social media or YouTube, you may have seen the shirt I made for him several years ago.

More than happy to do one offs or group shirts if that is of interest?

Brian

mwoolfare

Maker Plus
Dec 30, 2022
Macclesfield
tempImagepaMNRi.jpgtempImagetTuV1A.jpg
Ive used up just about every linear metre the mill had and this is the very last of the wool i have and orders are still coming in. Fortunately the mill opens again tomorrow and I hope they can help me out ASAP

mwoolfare

Maker Plus
Dec 30, 2022
Macclesfield
What weight of wool are they......

Are they thin fairly open weave like a Swandri Ranger or thick "blanket" like fabric
Hi,

The wool is 415gsm and it’s not woven, it’s more blanket like. Much lighter weight than Boreal type shirts. I specifically chose to work with Boiled Wool because it’s much more useable in the British Climate. Shirts made for the Artic and North American winter are generally overkill in our climate and the shirts whilst look amazing just Don’t get used because they’re too hot. Mine are useable year round, from a winter snow storm to a cool evening in the summer. I’d be happy to send a swatch to you.

Hope that helps

Brian

Reactions: slimshady and EdS

richy3333

Jan 23, 2017
Far north Scoootland
Hi. Would you consider modding 2 SwandriBush shirts. The DW and I hate that they have no front pockets/kangaroo pockets. Maybe some reinforcement also in places? Something akin to you photo Ts above?

mwoolfare

Maker Plus
Dec 30, 2022
Macclesfield
Hi,

I could do that for you. I can’t guarantee a colour match and it also depends on what woold
I have available. What colour are the shirts that
you have?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE