email scam lol

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tinkerer

Forager
Mar 11, 2010
bournemouth
just got this from dhl ? yeah right made me chuckle though .the grammer is always amazing.

UNITED STATES POSTAL INSPECTION SERVICE,
PO BOX 555, NEW YORK NY 10116-0555
EMAIL: lnspector@inbox.com

Attention,

This is to notify you that we have intercepted your parcel from DHL COURIER SERVICE are making the delivery and we have stopped the delivery process for some security reasons stated below:

1. Our scanning system has detected that your parcel contains a confirmable ATM CARD to the tune of $6,500,000.00 USD..

2. Such ATM CARD coming from African /Europe/Asia is been verified by the POSTAL INSPECTION SERVICE which we have directed our inspection team to proceed with the verification to ascertain the authenticity of the ATM CARD and now after all the verification on the Parcel/ATM CARD, having contacted the issuing institution who made it known to our office that the ATM CARD is a Genuine one and Not ILLEGALLY ACQUIRED.

We have also forwarded the Serial Number of the ATM CARD to the U.S,Treasury Department and they confirmed that the CARD is Authentic and ready to be cashed at any ATM MACHINES.

Also for the Delivery of the Parcel to continue, you are in obligation to obtain from Spain, a Duly Sworn Affidavit from Spanish High Court which will back up the Origin of Fund. This is in line with the Anti-Terrorist Campaign which the USA Government has embarked on recently to protect our Territory from future attacks. You should therefore contact the sender of the CARD or the DHL Courier Agent in Madrid Spain to get the Sworn Affidavit for you while we wait to receive from you the Affidavit File Number to enable us forward your ATM CARD to your address.

Below is his contact information. Note that the cost of the Affidavit is US98 DOLLARS and do not hesitate to remit the amount to him.

Name: Mr Nelson Morgan
Email address: legal.dept@dhlhome.net
Tel:+34 671 735 253

We shall then forward the CARD to you and you will be sure of a genuine CARD that is coming to you. We are doing this for your interest considering the rate which fraudulent and stolen checks/CARD are been sent to our innocent citizen that most times put them in problem. Always send your correspondence to our secure email: lnspector@inbox.com

Your urgent action on this notice will be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Thompson Cheryl
Postal Inspector in Charge
U.S. Postal Inspection Service
lnspector@inbox.com

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
That's quite an old one.....amuzin tho......You should see some o' the 'new' ones!.......Almost as ifin it was typed into the computer by a blind gorilla using a crayon...lol

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I am in IT & one of my morning tasks is to look at all the blocked emails on our mail filter/archieve service. It always makes me laugh when I go through & reject about a dozen scam emails we get each day; they have a subscription to a database of known scams/spammers etc... About half of them are Nigerain in origin but some of them are very convincing unless you know what you are looking for.As has been said, some people will fall for this. If they send out 10 million mails & get 10,000 replies at $100 a time then it's nearly a million USD they get to make. You can see why they do it....

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
I was warned about scammers getting more sophisticated - you used to be able to tell from the end of the email address if something was dodgy (i.e. natwest.net) but they've cottoned onto that and now you see correct addresses apart from the first element (i.e. www2.paypal.com)

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Hmmmm, am they grammar letting we down? :togo:

Laughable.

Reading it with a Nigerian accent makes it sound even less plausible.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
This is my favourite!

Attention Beneficiary,

How are you today?

Hope all is well with you and family?,You may not understand why this mail came to you. In regards to the recent meeting between the United Nations and the Present United States Government to restore the dignity and Economy of the Nations.Base on the Agreement with the World Bank Assistance to help and make the world a better place for all with the sole aim of abolishing poverty.

We have been having a meeting for the passed 7 months which ended 2 days ago with the then secretary to the UNITED NATIONS. This email is to all the people that have been scammed in any part of the world, the UNITED NATIONS have agreed to compensate them with the sum of US$ 2, 000.000.00 (Two Million United States Dollars) This includes every foriegn contractors that may have not received their contract sum, and people that have had an unfinished transaction or international businesses that failed due to Government problems etc.

You are advised to contact Mrs. Carrier McCarthy Head of Remittance Department Bank of America Email: (carriermccarthy@freemail.hu ) as she is our representative in Georgia Branch, contact her immediately for your fund of US$ 2, 000.000.00 (Two Million United States Dollars) This meeting was first held on the 8th of April 2003. You can view this page for your perusal: http://www.un.org/News/Press/docs/2003/ik344.doc.htm

However, you shall required to re-confirm the following details to her as specified below to effect the wire transfer aforementioned above to your designated account details:

{1} Your Full Name and Address.:
{2}. Your Confidential Tel, Cell and Fax.:
{3). Your Bank name and address.:
{4). Your A/c Name and A/c Numbers.:
(5). Your Swift Code / Routing Numbers.:

Please do provide the above information accurately, because her office cannot afford to be held liable for any wrong transfer of funds or liability of funds credited into a ghost account.

Mrs. Carrier McCarthy
Head of Remittance Department Bank of America
Email: carriermccarthy@freemail.hu

Goodluck and kind regards,

Making the world a better place

Mr. Ban Ki-Moon Secretary
(UNITED NATIONS).
http://www.un.org/sg/

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE