Eklund Fulltang ?Wood from an old pallet >.<

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

davep90

Tenderfoot
Jan 6, 2006
wigan
Yes thats right unknown very hard wood from a pallet board, any ideas what it is?

100_0033.jpg

100_0032.jpg

100_0031.jpg

Strange stuff brown in appearance till i started to cut it which brought out a kind of purpleish pink with a black tinge to the middle:rolleyes:

100_0028-1.jpg

(since identified as purpleheart on BB)

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Do you know what was in the pallet..? I get a lot of Indian sandstone on pallets and these pallets are banana wood, so I am told. It does vary a lot in colour and does have purples in it...Tis quite a hard wood too....

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
I used to refurb pallets at one time and it amazed me just how many different types of wood were used to build them, even oak, beech, mahoggany, teak, elm, birch, as well as larch/spruce/fir etc probably willow alder and other unknown stuff as well :lmao:

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Nice knife and i love the swell.

PS my money is on mahoggany i have a huge block of the stuff and its very very hard wood :eek:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I broke apart three pallets for a fence a couple of years ago; well, denailed, etc., some of those barbed nails are a *real* pain to get out. Found the pallets were mostly teak :cool: the fence looks braw :D
Nice job on the knife btw :)
cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE