Ebola confirmed in Glasgow, via Heathrow, Casablanca and Sierra leone

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
That is not what was reported over here. It was stressed she had been told she was safe and no one was in danger. The quarantine period was purely pyschological to assuage public opinion. 'IF' this is the case wouldn't you agree she had every right to persue her freedoms. And IF not the case then the law should've taken action. But it didn't. Because it couldnt.

TRhen your reporting was wrong. And the law didn't take action because there are no laws in place.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Pariahs they are not! This is eerily familiar to the early days of AIDS when avoiding stigma seemed more important than preventing the spread of the disease.

Agreed. Sadlt we aren't really any closer to curing AIDS either; 30 some odd years later.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
ebola is transmitted through bodily fluids, unless you are engaged in activities that are likely to mean you come into contact with infected bodily fluids.....

Such as the US nurse who refused argued against her quarantine going into a restaurant and coughing onto the buffet?

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-29836550

I think "tested negative" here is the key point.

It would be if it had occurred earlier. The problem is that the negative test was weeks after the positive test that began the argument. Long enough to be after a 21 day quarantine. In hindsight, the first test was likely a false positive. But that doesn't excuse the lack of judgment displayed by evading quarentine.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Agreed, it's gross. And not at all uncommon. And yes,. the one who tested negative weeks after her initial positive test.
Have you got a news link to back that up? According to the beeb (my link) she only broke quarantine once told she was safe. Only having symptoms (a fever) prior to that and no actual positive diagnosis as such.

Also I tend to believe the BBC more than Fox news.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Have you got a news link to back that up? According to the beeb (my link) she only broke quarantine once told she was safe. Only having symptoms (a fever) prior to that and no actual positive diagnosis as such.

Also I tend to believe the BBC more than Fox news.

I tend to believe none of the media TBH. They all have an agenda of their own.

That said, she may or may not have broken quarantine early. That was never the point of her story. Rather it was that from the outset, she defied anybody had the authority to place her into quarantine. Unfortunately on that point, she may well be right. As I said in an earlier post, she wasn't prosecuted because there are no such laws in place; she merely defied orders.

That was the crux of the debate over here, that there are no laws in place when there should be. Ebola is only a token representative of anything that may follow.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk

That said, she may or may not have broken quarantine early. That was never the point of her story. Rather it was that from the outset, she defied anybody had the authority to place her into quarantine. Unfortunately on that point, she may well be right. As I said in an earlier post, she wasn't prosecuted because there are no such laws in place; she merely defied orders.

That was the crux of the debate over here, that there are no laws in place when there should be. Ebola is only a token representative of anything that may follow.
Ah ok.

So she was never positively diagnosed and she didn't break quarantine until she knew she was safe. However the politicians tried to assuage the ignorant masses by enforcing an unenforceable quarantine on someone who didn't need one.

Unless you have a link?

nettles150390

Forager
Nov 7, 2013
High Melton, Doncaster

+1 the british government have ufo action scenarios in place. And yet no incentive not to follow quarentine

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE