East Anglia Group! - Archive

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of positive comments and feedback at the "Spring Meet" this weekend concerning the East Anglia group :) . Unfortunately we were poorly represented
at the meet! With that in mind....who's up for the Merthyr Mawr in South Wales.

The dates are July 29th to Aug 1st.

This post (I hope) should be sufficiently early enough for people to book annual leave and for us to arrange transport/car sharing ;)

This weekend was a great opportunity to put names to faces and share knowledge, skills and experience. i would enthusiastically recommend the next one to everybody :D

Sooooo who's up for it??? ;)

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
Me :D. Just looking at my calendar - should be able to make it for saturday, but I'm not too sure. Will be coming at some point anyway.

Here is the link to Mors Kochanski's book Biddlesby. I don't do book reading very often, but i have read this book more times in the last six months, than i care to remember! :D It contains the skills and knowledge he has gained through a life-time of practical experience!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1551051222/qid=1117535532/202-4734669-2541419

I obtained a copy for JemSeely a few weeks ago.......any comments Jeremy??

Ranger Bob

Nomad
Aug 21, 2004
Suffolk
Bushcraft by Mors Kochanski is a fantastic book! It sticks to the core skills, Fire, shelter, knifecraft, axecraft etc.... but covers every possible aspect of each subject. Although the book is directed towards boreal forest, most of the trees and plants are common in our northern temperate zone.

Recommended!.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
hi guys,
hope you are all well!

i'm still not on the net at home,( i'm on my inlaws computer for a short time) i'm glad to see there are some new people interested in joining us!

i have been quite busy bushcraft wise, collecting dandilion clocks for tinder, and still trying to produce a bow-drill fire aaaagh!
also i have been working with BTCV (British Trust for Conservation Volunteers) and some interest has been shown towards BCUK one of the group leaders has shown interest in me working as a leader myself .

next weekend i am off to derby to do the "woodland survival" GCSE Survival course (yup you heard me right! aparently an "A" level is in the pipeline!), for a potential of working in the bushcraft teaching workplace.

the recent East anglian group meetings i have been to have been great a good time to relax, and try new techniques. if you want to contact me feel free to call me on the number i gave out via PM.
i'd love to speak to you if only to get your numbers too!

if you are up to anything even if it's just a local walk do tell us and we would be happy to tag along to meet you.

RAPPLEBY2000 said:
hi guys,
hope you are all well!

i'm still not on the net at home,( i'm on my inlaws computer for a short time) i'm glad to see there are some new people interested in joining us!

i have been quite busy bushcraft wise, collecting dandilion clocks for tinder, and still trying to produce a bow-drill fire aaaagh!
also i have been working with BTCV (British Trust for Conservation Volunteers) and some interest has been shown towards BCUK one of the group leaders has shown interest in me working as a leader myself .

next weekend i am off to derby to do the "woodland survival" GCSE Survival course (yup you heard me right! aparently an "A" level is in the pipeline!), for a potential of working in the bushcraft teaching workplace.

the recent East anglian group meetings i have been to have been great a good time to relax, and try new techniques. if you want to contact me feel free to call me on the number i gave out via PM.
i'd love to speak to you if only to get your numbers too!

if you are up to anything even if it's just a local walk do tell us and we would be happy to tag along to meet you.

Rappleby...who??? :D Have we met before :p

You must have THOUSANDS of posts to work through!!!! :eek:

Up for the BCUK summer meet then?????....as you wimped out on the spring one :p ;)

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
some people i have spoken to about Bushcraft have never heard of BCUK infact some have never heard of bushcraft and even question what survival means but are very interested in joining us including my "chav" brother inlaw who saw the east anglia camp and wants to come along(i've taught hime to light a fire with a flint) and a guy from a local church who loves the idea, and a woman from BTCV who obviously loves the countryside and would like to come along just to see what we're like, as did Rbowskill(she later joined the forum).

many people are interested but just as many either don't have or use computers or are nervous about meeting new people why not help?

the more the merrier! :p

it's very easy to make a group like ours an eliteist group for just the hardcore, what would our friend mr mears say?

oh, hi fenlander, give us the detaiols of the summer meet and i shall try to join you.

let me get the computer fixed and i'll organise some meets, i feel some forest walks calling me!

Yggdrasil

May 18, 2005
Stevenage, Hertfordshire.
Biddlesby said:
Lol afraid so :D.

Oh and Yggdrasil (hope I spelt that right :p) - was that you near the Landrover with your two fires?

Yes that was me, one fire was mine, the other was the guys next to us with the landrover and the four month old baby :) . I will be there the whole time at the next meet. I will have to find out which of you there are in this group as i didnt find out many peoples names. :(

rob

Jem seeley and myself are planning to meet up for the weekend (see dates above) and everyone is welcomed to join us :D I will book a pitch at the local scout site we used for the last meet (just outside Bury St. Edmunds).

Jem seeley and myself belong to a small group of green-woodworkers who meet once a month at Bradfield Woods nature reserve. We,generally,exchange skills,chat & drink copious amounts of tea. If you fancy carving a spoon,having a go on a pole-lathe, making some cordage or a range of other skills we will be going there on the Sunday 10th July (its within walking distance of our campsite :cool: )

Please PM either of us if you are interested and we can send you location details for the campsite :D

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
Consider me there!

Well this is certainly a busy few weeks for me - lake district, yorkshire, and now this. But I'd love to come :D. PM sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE