Dying Ventile?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
match said:
Tannins dye fast, as do lichen-based dyes, but then you need quite a lot of lichen, and I always for some reason feel worse about pulling up clumps of lichen than I do about stealing tree bark or plant leaves :confused:

Oh me too, I just refuse to use them at all for public demonstrations. Even some workshops I skim over them. Same with the fungal dyes, good though they are.They lichens take so long to grow round here.

Cheers,
Toddy

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Boing, I'm just wondering how this worked out?
I've currently got some Khaki ventile (£11 a metre so a good bit cheaper than I see it usually) with blue and tan overcheck.
I'm likely wanting a dog coat out of it as I want to try Ventile out on a project thats not something as hard as a jacket for a person.

Anyway, I'm really not a fan of the pattern so wouldn't mind dying it (not too fussed what colour I end up with just so long as it's not wannabee field sports colours like it currently is) to a darker solid colour.
It'll likely get a few bars of reflective stuff fired over it also so the dog's more visible in headlights.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE