Dutch Military Surplus

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
i have also been told this by the wel lknown surplus dealer but was related to another enquiery not related to buying dutch stuff so believe it may be unbiased info. haven't heard of a gov shredding uniforms for a while, kinda a good sideline for clearing the stuff to flog it off so am a bit confused why. anyway, from what's been in the news recently the americans like to employ and train all the local warlords in private security! or maybe they just don't like the dutch! and don't want the uniforms to clash, yankee trousers and dutch blouses might be a real terrorist fashion faux pa! dish dashes are so out this season!

Wayland

Hárbarðr
tinfoilhatsmile.gif

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
funny thing though, talking about "big brother watching etc"
army surplus is about the only thing you can buy "cash in hand" also without any barcodes...
so no one knows who is buying what where! quite nice really.
I think I might start my weekly grocery shop at the local surplus store!

johnboy

Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
army surplus is about the only thing you can buy "cash in hand" also without any barcodes...

What about fresh veg at the market??? My kids prefer Avocados to a boiled 58 patt poncho roll :eek:

Fizzy

Nomad
Feb 8, 2010
Ash Vale
Wonder what gives the Americans the right to order The Dutch to destroy their surplus kit? :pokenest:
images

:)

funny thing though, talking about "big brother watching etc"
And there's been some interesting 'surplus' found in the hands of insurgents, including NVGs and kevlar vests.

Ronnie

Settler
Oct 7, 2010
Highland
The arms trade is enormous and one of the most lucrative on the planet. Some people believe that many wars are in fact covertly fostered by the very people who make the profits selling the arms. I don't think it's particularly tinfoil to mention the Military-Industrial complex in this case - as this is an entity which blatantly exists.

Anything from woollen blankets to Kevlar body armour to AK-47's and a whole host of much more lethal materiel are easily available on the international arms market and circulate round the globe continuously. To think that the US or anyone else would seriously try to buy up some of this khaki ocean of military surplus so as to deny it to a few Afghani mujahideen is unrealistic.

Last edited:
Considering one can, without any great difficulty, buy all the current kit that the US military uses, including the small arms, this all seems a little bogus. Some of it may be a little bit harder to get a hold of, laser range finders, body armor, comms gear etc., but considering that airsoft knockoffs exist, again not a big deal.

If the aim was to make a group of jihadist look enough like a group of US soldiers from a distance to get close to a base to launch an attack or whatever, enough money will allow you to equip them to do that.

Seems a little bogus to me.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
yeah:rolleyes:....almost as though it were some sort of advertising propaganda during the recession?

I think we've all agreed that you could make some sort of small militia type group if you wanted to, but the US buying it all, ridiculous and highly unlikely.

Last edited:

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
yeah:rolleyes:....almost as though it were some sort of advertising propaganda during the recession?
I was in Endicotts on Saturday and Kevin showed me the email from his dutch supplier - If it's a marketing ploy, then it's from further up the supply chain!!
I don't see how having no kit to sell is going to boost business tbh... shame really - the dutch kit had the advantage of being long in the body/arms/legs which suited me better than the UK kit :(

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
I didn't see anything about the US BUYING anything - the OP said that the US were telling the Dutch to destroy it
sorry I got confused in the thread, lol

the fact something is in short supply make you want to buy it? yes? that's my point.

I would imagine that sellers can make situations seem very real.

I've worked in shops, and the amount of hear say you hear from customers is endless, it's no surprise to me that someone starts any sales related rumours. for whatever the original purpose was.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Surely either all countries involved in Afghan conflict destroy the surplus or none,what's so special about dutch gear(its very similar to our dpm stuff after all) and why would this have a impact on the stuff we buy over here? not all the dutch troops got to Afghanistan,so there should still be plenty of dutch surplus gear from europe to sell? and its not as if the dutch troops come back naked? sell the kit theyve used and come back in,this does'nt make sense.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE