Dutch hiking website

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Galemys

Settler
Dec 13, 2004
Zaandam, the Netherlands
Ahjno said:
Do you remember the Donald Duck comicbooks with his nephews Huey, Dewey & Louis? They were woudlopers.

Does any one here have a copy of "het woudlopershandboek"? It must be the ultimate bushcraftbook... :lmao:

I guess I will be seeing some of you in Apeldoorn 6-7 may. I'm looking forward to it! :D

Tom

Porcupine

Forager
Aug 24, 2005
Leek,The Netherlands
not sure where exactly i have it but i do have a "handboek voor woudlopers" or something like that somewhere.(yep,a disney book)

it had some usefull facts but not half of the facts they dig up out of it in their comics.

biggest problem if youre a booklover is trying to remember where you stashed them all :confused:

lets do a quick test of the dutch language skills of the people here :D ,what is an "allemanseindje" ?

Joeri

Tenderfoot
Apr 11, 2006
Netherlands
www.niceisotherwise.nl
I have no clue... I would say it has something to do with some kind of rope, or something you can hold on to so you don't fall...
But probably I am totally wrong and it ends up being something totally different...

graybear

Nov 15, 2005
Groessen, Holland
www.grijzebeer.nl
On many ropes (for instance on ships) the end was spliced back in order to prevent the rope from unrafling. So the end of the rope (being double) is thicker and gives that way a nice grip. Since everyone is holding that part of the rope it is a everyonesend (allemanseindje)
Graybear
Things go well or you learn

Porcupine

Forager
Aug 24, 2005
Leek,The Netherlands
sorry Ketchup, it is Galemys that gave the correct explanation :D

a naval bogroll,and reusable too......

lets not tell ray mears,i realy wouldnt like to see that become a normal camproutine :lmao:

Porc

Christy

Tenderfoot
Apr 28, 2006
Lowlands
Tjonge, how many of here will be in Apeldoorn this weekend? Very much looking forward to the meeting and learning there. Looks it's gonna be busy there.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE