Dry Bags?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
The sea to summit one are the best I the business but I don't think there very cheap.
I got one from military Mart and it seems fine so far.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
The Exped fold bags are pretty good Sam, there are lighter options about if you're bothered about weight saving.

As Jacob mentioned the S2S sil bags are good, I used a bunch of them along with a plastic bag pack liner on a 200 mile trek and they never let me down. Field and Trek usually have a good choice at good prices.

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
Sam, usually worth checking Tamarak's sale section for the Exped bags. Exped probably fit between Alpkit and Ortileb in terms of weight and robustness. Had some good size "karrimor" branded ones from F+T not that long ago. Then there are the welded PU "crane" ones periodically from Aldi but that probably will not beat your deadline :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I've got the exped ones and rate them very well indeed, but I think it really depends on what kind of use/wear they're likely to get.
I bought some of the Alpkit ones and found them very similar, but the Aldi's one is made from stuff more like a sou'wester, it's really, really heavyweight.

There was someone on ebay selling ex army (said they were un-issued) dry bags not so long ago, they were cheaper than any others I'd seen and looked like the weight of the exped/alpkit, etc., style.

cheers,
M

PropThePolecat

Tenderfoot
Mar 29, 2009
Mainland Europe
Ive got several Exped drybags in different sizes. I highly recommend them. I tested one out in the shower, where i drenched it for several minutes from all angles. Not a single drop entered the drybag.

I got mine fomr Heinnies: http://www.heinnie.com/product.asp?P_ID=3297

This one held a Woolpower sweater, extra pair of socks, a set of HH thermals and a Woolpower balaclava.

7099403467_624760a2a9_c.jpg

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Hi Man of Tanith,

Personaly I'd either go for Ortlieb bags (cheap and bomb-proof), most good outdoor/canoe/motorbike shops will have them, though can be heavy. Or try here http://www.alpkit.com/shop/cart.php?target=category&category_id=295 nice folk, cheap and lightweight. Have from both camps. Ortlieb you can drag around and will likely outlast you, Alpkit light and cheap but very good.

Have a good festive period,

Goatboy.

+ 1, I have used the Ortlieb bags for the last 20 years in Kayaks/Canoes, last for ages, and seem to go on forever, totally bomb proof, I still have one that is 20 years old, and still going strong...... and this one I used the most,

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
Have a look at the Karrimor drybags at sports direct.very good price and work well.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE