Droning drones

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
Paranoia and the madness of mobs seems to justify many vigilante type actions.

I think there is a difference between justification and understanding...

(Not aiming this at anyone here, just my general blatherings!)

I appreciate we live life in a fragile state.. it's difficult, we shouldn't have to tip toe around when others (not on this thread, just in life) will take offence at very nearly anything, however we also do need to know our audiences in life... there has been a lot of talk since the start of 2020 about the large amounts of bushcrafters campers/vandals/litterbugs throwing themselves and all their **** into the countryside and woodland and wrecking it, all to the detriment of you fine folk on here, to the point where some of you, I'm sure, would feel the need to explain away what you're doing when realistically you're just keeping yourself to yourselves and doing no harm....but you're well aware of public perception and thus feel the need to explain you're not one of the ****s that is causing issues....

...I guess the same could be said for drone operators... I've (afaik) never caused an issue with our drone, we keep away from obvious livestock, try and keep away from others etc. However as I said in a previous post we flew it near someone wild camping the last outing - purposely didn't film them, but had the person suddenly appeared and said "hello" I'd have probably explained I was just getting a few shots of the river/trees/surrounding landscape... I shouldn't need to explain, but there is somewhat a stigma around.

Furthermore, photographing random people in public is not a crime, but I'd throw a loose question to someone if I felt they were snapping me or wife or (if I had any) kids, with their point n shoot... Again, legally they're totally justified in doing so, but paranoia, and suspicions can lead the way...

Reactions: TeeDee

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
To be clear I'm referring to people flying and filming over private property and going a considerable way in. I'm not complaining about people flying them in public.

I don't think I'm being paranoid at all as where I have identified the owner they have admitted to filming. Whilst there are people with drones that follow the law and guidance I feel there are many who don't because there is little or no enforcement. I am aware I could complain to the estate agent but my point was they filmed over private property without bothering to ask permission. Such videos are fairly common down here and I very much doubt any of the neighbours have given permission to be filmed.

I almost posted up a story I read a few weeks back. A lady was complaining a drone was filming her child but the police 'reassurance' was it was most likely to be youths casing out her house to burgle so not to worry.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE