Naturehike tents

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

caorach

Forager
Nov 26, 2014
UK
Has anyone tried one of the Naturehike tents?

They appear to be a Chinese company making tents that are a rip off of standard and successful designs and I'd seen a fellow angler report that he bought the one man version of their Cloud-up tent for a quick few days out with very little hope of it lasting the trip. As it was he has been impressed with the tent and has now had it for quite some time and walked the West Highland Way plus doing a few fishing trips in it. There seem to be two versions of this tent - a grey one that is very lightweight silnylon and an orange or green one that is somewhat heavier. There are a few reviews about on the likes of youtube and from watching and reading a little I gather they've strengthened the poles a bit as they were failing and also that the tent isn't ideal in cross winds.

It appears to be just about the best value lightweight tent out there at the minute and a friend is thinking of taking a 5 day walking/camping trip this summer and isn't looking to spend a lot of cash so I was wondering if there is any feedback on this tent. I managed to get a Vaude Power Lizard at a knockdown price so until that fails I'm not after a tent. I know Bushcrafters are probably not the target market but I also know a lot of people on here also do the walking/lightweight type thing on occasions.

For reference Naturehike are here:

http://www.naturehike.com/cloud-up-2-ultralight-two-men-tent/

It seems a lot of people order direct from China off ebay but there are also other sources of their tents including amazon.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
I bought one of their big six man dome tents from aldi about 10 years ago. I'v been stunned at the amount of abuse its taken, i'v had it pitched high up and exposed in the peak district for most of a winter before with zero damage. Serious gale force winds and monsoon level rains were no issue at all

This was 10 years ago though so i cant speak for the quality today

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE