Dr Lee Raye.. Bushcraft Instructor???

• Hey Guest, For sale we have Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteel PLEASE LOOK HERE for more information or use the Pay Now button in the sidebar

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Made an enquiry earlier for a bushcraft course.. I was told it was being run by a certain Dr Lee Raye.
There is no doubt the Dr (Non-Binary individual) is a genuine Educator / University Lecturer, but have any of you heard of him in Bushcraft Circles and is he known as a Bushcraft Instructor??

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Is this a distance learning course from the usa.? That's all I could find.
Dr lee raye (medical) sana university distance learning bushcraft course. There was a pdf to download to get details,, not going to bother doing that to get more info that I dont want myself.
Never heard of him/her, and I doubt many if any this side of the pond will have either, though you may be lucky..

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Is this a distance learning course from the usa.? That's all I could find.
Dr lee raye (medical) sana university distance learning bushcraft course. There was a pdf to download to get details,, not going to bother doing that to get more info that I dont want myself.
Never heard of him/her, and I doubt many if any this side of the pond will have either, though you may be lucky..
This is the one I am asking about.

C_Claycomb

Mod
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Nope. Not heard of that one.

Have you read down the list of papers and conference talks on that page? If it were me, I would not find the list of subjects and titles encouraging for a bushcraft course instructor. They seem a little eclectic and those relevant to bushcraft appear so only in the most tangential manner.

I would contrast that with the work of Lisa Fenton, a lecturer at Cumbria University, who appears to be far less published, but who has a very solid background in bushcraft.

If I was looking for an instructor from academia, I would prefer one with a resume like Lisa's, rather than one that contains papers about the feeding habits of swallows, the medieval mania for beaver, Arthurian legend and the use of whale bone in Wales.

Reactions: Toddy

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I'd be giving that a swerve.!
Money better spent on other courses with better known and accredited persons.
I've heard good reviews of Paul kirtly, and there are many other good ones online from known providers, or free you tube courses on relevant subjects such as mushroom and tree ident.
Go for them.

Reactions: Toddy

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Nope. Not heard of that one.

Have you read down the list of papers and conference talks on that page? If it were me, I would not find the list of subjects and titles encouraging for a bushcraft course instructor. They seem a little eclectic and those relevant to bushcraft appear so only in the most tangential manner.

I would contrast that with the work of Lisa Fenton, a lecturer at Cumbria University, who appears to be far less published, but who has a very solid background in bushcraft.

If I was looking for an instructor from academia, I would prefer one with a resume like Lisa's, rather than one that contains papers about the feeding habits of swallows, the medieval mania for beaver, Arthurian legend and the use of whale bone in Wales.
Totally agree

Hultafors Outdoor knife for Sale

We have a a number of Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteels for sale.

You can see more details here in this thread OUTDOOR KNIVES The price is £27 posted to the UK. Pay via the paypal button below.