Double headed tomahawk - £14.99

Rod Paradise

Oct 16, 2008
Upper Nithsdale, Dumfriesshire
From Soldier of Fortune www.sofmilitary.co.uk.

IOOE7L1B_Thumbnail.jpg

Anyone bought/seen one? Having overspent a fair bit the last few weeks I'm finding the Trail Hawk out of my reach, but am wondering if a similar modding could be done with this (and if I a**e it up - well at least it wasn't TOO expensive).

If I do go for it, I'm thinking one edge for carving, one edge for splitting - but am not sure how to go about creating that, any advice welcomed.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
have you a product code? couldn't find it on the site

if it falls in the 'reenactment' bracket it might be as useful as one of their rubber guns ;)

Rod Paradise

Oct 16, 2008
Site won't link properly, from the home page click on the following:

Military Catalogue
Shop online
Knives & Tools - Axes and Machetes

Hope that helps.

There's also quite a neat looking saw in the Saws and Shovels section,

73ESHB18.jpg

Last edited:

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
i've got a couple of double headed hawks that I made up for an axe thrower last year. The blades and handle aren't exactly square, so he didn't want them (they are after all handmade and not machined!!). They aren't anything like £15 but if you are interested then pm me, I can vouch for the quality of those ;)

Personally I wouldn't use a double headed hatchet/hawk for anything but throwing, but then the nessmuck axe is popular and that is double edged

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
For the price that looks like it has the potential to be a decent bit of kit. It may require a bit of work on the edges for its full potential to be realised though.

As for a carving/splitting set up, i doubt the blades are thick enough for it to be a good splitter, no matter what you do with the edge. Though you could grind it with a softwood/hardwood set up or a fine work/ rough work set up.

I think i'm going to get one, i like the look of them. It will be a nice little project to see what they are capable of.

Cheers for the link mate.

Rod Paradise

Oct 16, 2008
i've got a couple of double headed hawks that I made up for an axe thrower last year. The blades and handle aren't exactly square, so he didn't want them (they are after all handmade and not machined!!). They aren't anything like £15 but if you are interested then pm me, I can vouch for the quality of those ;)

Personally I wouldn't use a double headed hatchet/hawk for anything but throwing, but then the nessmuck axe is popular and that is double edged

Would love to but have well overspent already - and every site shows me something else I want ;-)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE