Does any of you British people know what this is?

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
If he did 30 I'm assuming he was an officer - do you know what regiment/s he served with?

I only know a little from this part of his life, and I´m actually trying to find out more but I don´t know where to start :dunno:
He met my mother when he was retired from that life.

What I do know (from family) is that he served at the Falklands, some arab country that I don´t remember the name of right now, and also a period when things were hot with the IRA.

Jul 3, 2013
United Kingdom
If he was an officer you ought to find details of his commission in the London Gazette. It's a bit hit-and miss in the search, if you have his Army number it would help a lot in tracing his service.

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Coded 9G.P..........

spit34-mj627.jpg

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
If he was an officer you ought to find details of his commission in the London Gazette. It's a bit hit-and miss in the search, if you have his Army number it would help a lot in tracing his service.

Thank you for the tip! I´ll definitely check it out!
I googled him some years back related to Isefjær (traing camp in Norway) and I actually found an old photo with him in it and a few words from someone who apparently knew him, and also knew he had died.
The page seems to be gone now, so that track got cold :(

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I only know a little from this part of his life, and I´m actually trying to find out more but I don´t know where to start :dunno:
He met my mother when he was retired from that life.

What I do know (from family) is that he served at the Falklands, some arab country that I don´t remember the name of right now, and also a period when things were hot with the IRA.

If he served in an Arab country it could be most anything. The craftsmen there can make whatever one wants and pay little or no attention to hallmarks.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE