Does any of you British people know what this is?

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
I was cleaning up the basement yesterday, and found this one (amongst other things):

9 GP by Lykketrollet84, on Flickr

It is from my late stepfather, and I´m curious about it.
It looks British, but I might be mistaken. He lived most of his life in England, so I wonder if any of you have seen one of these before?

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
it looks like a silver ingot, popular in the 70s.

(and indeed the date is 1977)

that is a hallmark. a nifty find

Jul 3, 2013
United Kingdom
1977, some kind of Queen's Silver Jubilee memento?

Is it silver? there will be a hallmark somewhere on it if so. Otherwise, with the Crown on it it might be to do with the Post Office or perhaps the Army. Any other markings at all?

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
He was in the British army for about 30 years, so the possibility that it might be army related is there.

A ingot, what on earth is that? :p

I can´t see any other markings but the ones in the front.

Last edited:

hiho

Native
Mar 15, 2007
South Yorkshire
can we have another picture with something in it to give it scale? and is there a flaking of paint in the corner next to the 7's?

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
I was cleaning up the basement yesterday, and found this one (amongst other things):

9 GP by Lykketrollet84, on Flickr

It is from my late stepfather, and I´m curious about it.
It looks British, but I might be mistaken. He lived most of his life in England, so I wonder if any of you have seen one of these before?

This is a silver jubilee ingot, markings are different to yours. View attachment 21980

digitracker

Mar 29, 2012
Leeds
I keep thinking that it might be a keyring, and the embossed crown is unusual with the clover shaping inside the crown. it is a mystery, I hope someone solves it for you.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE