Do we have a responsibility or accountability? (discussion)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
Suing the doctors and other health care providers has already started. Almost everyday there is an advert asking "Have you been the victim of a medical mistake"

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Ambulance chasers... or "personal injury protection" claims, as the chasers prefer to call it. My mother had been getting calls every week for years, beginning "hello, madam, I am calling about your recent motor vehicle accident"...

Granted the ads have been going on quite a while here now. However I’m old enough to remember when attorneys didn’t advertise at all. It was considered unprofessional.

I remember a time in the UK when solicitors and barristers could not advertise. I believe it was simple illegal.

Over here in France, I think that "notaires" (more or less the equivalent of a hybrid between what the Americans call "notaries public" and what in the UK would be " commissioners for oaths"), along with "avocats" (solicitors / lawyers) and pharmacists cannot advertise; this is in exchange for them working in professions with fixed rates and more or less guaranteed income (i.e. licenses to print money, if they're prepared to put in the hours).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE