DIY Baker tent

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I think missing stitches can be too thick areas and bad needle insertion most commenly :)

It's timing between the bobbin shuttle and top thread skipping wrong side of the shuttle so moving the work under the afoot might cause it too...

Just been to see bushsons new 28k after collecting what I think might be a Singer 66k treadle, all good sewing karma around atm :D

Last edited:

Imagedude

Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
I'm going to convert my AFV shelter into a Baker tent, probably by throwing a tarp on the front...

tent%20afv.JPG

tent%20afv%20frame.JPG

Imagedude

Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Some more photos of my 'Baker tent'

Front flap down
IMG_2795.JPG

Rear windows
IMG_2797.JPG

Inside
IMG_2799.JPG

The tent and I
IMG_2801.JPG

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Mmmm if you want a good roaring fire at the front of it, I'll swap you an old lace chassis'd lanny rather than that nice pickup ;) Plenty of oil underneath, it'd keep you toasty for hours ;)

Lovely adaption :)

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Lovely job!!!! I wish I could sew, I would sooooo make myself one. Hmmm... Now I am going to have to hunt around on the bay and see what I find :)

well you can pick up machines cheap over here and youu folk across the pond have wonderful quilting and sewing bees bet you'd find willing teachers there :) and your materials are brilliant, we'd be delighted to get our hands on cotton canvas by the toll that you guys produce! Beware, though, its highly addictive, this sewing malarkey :D

Welcome to bcuk, wild woman :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE