DIY Baker tent

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Excellent. :D Love that you have put the tag back on - could really confuse someone in years to come! :D

So, apart from the romantic side of things, what's the plus points to the baker? (Not suggesting there is anything wrong with having one for romantic reasons, I'm all for that!)

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I LOVE this thread. It's got everything... sewing machines being used hard, canvas, modding..... phhwwwooooaaaarrrr factor 10! You'll have it at Northwood won't you, 2D... I'm hoping to get higher management approval for both weekends just so I don't miss seeing it!!

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Here you go Martin , Baker tent update ,

Side panels on for some reason I kept having stoppages on the machine ( On looking inside there was thread on the bobbin and thread on the pin ,,,carry on sewing ) practising for when I get a sewing machine made by Vickers !!,

Think it was the bias of the material ,,,arrr Done now though .

Twodogs

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Ooooh thats become huuuuuge!!!! MOST impressive :) I didn't realise they'd add so much space and infill the whole canopied area. Thats going to be cushty!

I wonder why the machine stopped.... working on the bias, you'd normally expect the work to slide around a bit under the foot and mostly, the bias cut bit to stretch as its fed through, especially if its directly on the feed dogs ie underneath layer. Sometimes it shows in a wee wobble or misplaced skipped stitch on the machine....What were the symptoms of its malfunction?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE