DIY Activity toy/feeder for Dog owners

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Saw this on YouTube just now and thought it really clever. I think my old dog would have loved playing with this, sadly he's no longer around, but maybe you have a dog that's bored and needs a bit of something to keep him amused.

Though the rattle and clatter might get on your wick after a while

[video=youtube;avcYKFOmcZA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avcYKFOmcZA[/video]

Here's a link to another variation of the same thing.

Have fun folks.

Last edited:

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
I've seen this before, brilliant! Think I might have to make one for my pup to go with his other brain toys!

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
Love this idea! would definitely have to be an outdoors toy... waaay too noisy for the house! Just need to find myself someone who is handy with a saw (I can't do carpentry to save my life!) or I may jury rig an old end table or something... I'll hafta put my thinking cap on!

Muddypaws

Jan 23, 2009
Southampton
That is brilliant! I loved the look on the dog's face when the bottle went over the top, but so fast that centrifugal force stopped the treats from falling out! Very amusing.
It's a shame that my dog doesn't do much playing any more, he just flops out most of the time, otherwise I'd build one.

Thanks for sharing!

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
I made a really simple one this afternoon and although my dog kills for food he doesn't quite get it yet. But I'll try again tomorrow because I did get him smelling and touching the bottle today and as he's a bit timid with new things I think he might get the hang of it at some point.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Lol....I like that :) Wouldn't work with my GSD though, he's not that patient....he'd tap it a couple of times to check it out and then just bite through the bottle, eat the treats and settle down to chew his way through the wooden frame....i'd give it about 25 to 35 minutes before you were left with a metal rod surrounded by wood and plastic chippings! Lol :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE